mouse gone all wacko

Olgaline

FH is my second home
happend to my old comp too, and then to my Lap-T
now it's happening too this one too grrr....

mouse double click has gone all ultra sensitive, even tho double click sensitivity has been set to the lowest posible,

changing the mouse didnt help, changing usb slot didnt help, ad-aware says nothings wrong, AVG says all is fine, Ccleaner is all green, everything looks normal on taskmanager... and it's just started out of the blue today, havent installed anything new or changed anything. and I dont have any p2p progs installed or torrents or dc or such, and i dont use the comp for pron and such either...

Anyone who's experienced anything like it ? any help or idea's would be much apreciated, as it's Really! anoying

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Just to clarify, if you get a completely different mouse and plug it into a different usb slot you still have the same problem?

If this is the case then it is a software issue. What operating system are you using? I am not an expert but in XP the mouse setting were stored in the registry and some changes would only take effect after a reboot. All I can suggest is rebooting a few times while you check the settings. However if you have a problem on mutliple computers this is unlikely to work.

Are you sure there isn't some program that is common to all your computers that have had this problem? It could just be a bit of software that has messed up your settings.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
yeah I use Xp-pro,

yes still have the problem even if i switch mouse and usb, and i dont see how they could be related as the computers have never interacted with eachother, nor have I transfered anything from the two old comps to this one. thats the odd part.

my only suspect is ad-aware as the prob turned up after I used it, but it only found tracking cookies so.. ?

I'll try run a sys restore altho on the old comps that only ever worked as a temp solution and after a while it dosent help anymore... :s

with the old stationary I had to compleatly format the HD, but then again I'm not much of a wiz when it comes to OS's and software, infact, heh.. ... ...

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
yeah I use Xp-pro,

yes still have the problem even if i switch mouse and usb, and i dont see how they could be related as the computers have never interacted with eachother, nor have I transfered anything from the two old comps to this one. thats the odd part.

my only suspect is ad-aware as the prob turned up after I used it, but it only found tracking cookies so.. ?

I'll try run a sys restore altho on the old comps that only ever worked as a temp solution and after a while it dosent help anymore... :s

with the old stationary I had to compleatly format the HD, but then again I'm not much of a wiz when it comes to OS's and software, infact, heh.. ... ...

Sounds like a driver issue, updated your mouse drivers lately? :)

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
isnt the driver, drivers fine and upto date

Hmm, try a rollback on the driver then? Otherwise ehm sounds like something it could be a virus issue that's causing, sneaky fuckers ><

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
sys restore did not help :S qq

Sorry to do this to ya Olga but typical GOA response to something like this is uninstall the present driver and install an older version of it, ie the one the thing came with :S Else, that's weird imo ;<

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
sounds like the connection between your brain and your finger has gone faulty again :)

Helme

Resident Freddy
In 9 of 10 cases the only drivers worth updating is the graphic card ones, most others just bring extra trouble - especially when it comes to mouses.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
david.caruso.jpg

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Sounds like the registry entry for the mouse is screwed up! Will try and find something about it

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
My mouse keeps doulbe clicking - MajorGeeks Support Forums

Guide to regeditting the issue:

I decided to check my registry, and well, I found a fix.

Heres the fix:

Start > Run > type in regedit.exe

Once in the registry point yourself to:

HKEY_Current_User > Control Panel > Mouse

There should be two strings named "Double Click Height" and "Double Click Width"
Now, when I loaded in, the values were only set to 12, I would change them to about 30, and it should fix your double click sensitivity problem.

EDIT: this link contains some more informations: Eches Fixing incorrect mouse double clicks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom