moto V3 razr keypad fubar?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
as I already posted on another forum, but there's nothing like spreading one's options. anyone have any thoughts?

hey guys,

having bought a V3 off a mate a couple of weeks ago (and used it for exactly three days) the lower half of the keypad (ie the numbers) seems to have stopped working.

when it was still running I could enter the menu, etc. but not use the numerical part of the pad. in an attempt to resolve the issue I power-cycled the phone, took out the battery and reseated the sim but sadly all in vain. when I turn on the phone it sits at the "enter sim code" message which I can't because the phone doesn't react to my keypresses.

before this occured I had the phone in my pocket all day, a snug but not tight fit, and had successfully done some sms messages in the morning. it hasn't been wet, nor have I sat on it or dropped it. a few days ago I connected it to my PC via bluetooth for the first time and all went well.

searching the web for related probs I've found several people who mention that the V3's keypad is a weak one, though these seem to be people who've heard of people having problems as opposed to actually having a keypad prob themselves.

any thoughts? I have all the original papers so I can return it, but it would be handy if this was a known issue.

thanks, TdC

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom