mother of all bombs

O

old.Xarr

here's the reuters link. the us has just tested their biggest (non-nuclear so not the most powerful) bomb ever. pretty sick really.

G

Gef

Not allowed to use nukes on Iraq because the UN, and the rest of the world, would go nuts. So they develop the next best thing ...

k

O

old.job

Conventional explosive bomb of course, the real big non-nuke baby, is the fuel-air bomb, like the one they used in that Virus movie with Dustin Hoffman.
It sprays kerosene out in a big cloud then ignites it, it's the closest thing to a nuke they have.

O

old.Tohtori

I AM the MOAB!

I am the people's bomb!

Thee most electrifying bomb in all of warfare!

Feared by millions... (And millions!)...aaaand millions of people!

D

Danya

Originally posted by old.job
Conventional explosive bomb of course, the real big non-nuke baby, is the fuel-air bomb, like the one they used in that Virus movie with Dustin Hoffman.
It sprays kerosene out in a big cloud then ignites it, it's the closest thing to a nuke they have.
That would be what this bomb does, yes. ;)

T

Tenko

Aye Danyan :p

MOAB is "supposed" to stand for Massive Ordinace Air Burst.

Oh and just to cheer up all the non-pyromaniacs here the US are currently designing and trying to approach congress to be allowed, new tactical nuclear weapons in the sub kiloton range to use in conventional wars (like this one) including low yield Neutron bombs.

These first strike weapons are being promoted as the only sure fire way to destroy large stocks of chemical and biological weapons as normal explosives would only scatter the stockpiles over the surrounding area.

But take that with a pinch of salt but if you are a Pyromaniac then...............

boom.gif

B

Breni

Originally posted by sharma
hmm Jolly rodgers cookbook > all

Now that IS old - I had a copy of that when I was at school 15 years ago!

I don't suppose it's been updated in the last decade, has it...?

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Breni
Now that IS old - I had a copy of that when I was at school 15 years ago!

I don't suppose it's been updated in the last decade, has it...?
old yeah but then again conventional chemistry doesnt change that much either :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom