Most overpowered RvR char ever?

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia said:
Almost every class with a skilled player behind the keyboard can be overpowered in RvR

Argument goes:

Almost any person behind a keyboard playing a <warlock> is overpowered. Other new classes as well to whatever degree - initially it was valkyries.

Remember too that in the current discussions people have been comparing ToA'd, Crafted, MLx, RR5+ characters to virtually brand new <warlocks etc> .... Once the playing field is level and these newq characters have access to the gear/abilities ...

Keeg

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
Most overpowered char ever = 1.70 reavers. Say what you want, but Savages or Zerks dont come close...1.70 Bonedancers aint half bad tho either.

Reavers are good 1vs1 in melee, any caster can kill em.

With Catacombs, warlock and that hib class with aoe bolts will wtfpwn all

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
should be overpowered and retarded classes. (ie.: dont need any kind of skillz to wtfpwnz)

ml10 bd - warlock? - prenerf-savage - prenerf shadowzerk / zerk

prenerf DW infil with 3 str relics with or without mincer m8 - scout supporting the groundtroops - sorc ml9 + rr5 + moc3 + purge at the same time

hib casters in the ages of castalot and when grapple was introduced and most ppl ran tank grps.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Azathrim said:
Every 4 second.

A ToA'd sorc will cast his lifetap every second.

demor on a sorc will cause his nooks to hit for around 2-300 tho. And demor is on a pretty short timer :) LT+Petheals will probably heal that damage pretty easy.

As BD vs Sorc I'd probably do something like:

Hit ML9pet and send, LT and nuke if possible, QCroot the pet sorc has. If Sorc mocs, hit ZoU and Demor and just moc aswell and nuke him down with more DPS. You cant really loose as Banelord tbh since you lower the DPS to pretty darn low lvls and are unkillable thanks to the healingpets+LT.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Shike said:
demor on a sorc will cause his nooks to hit for around 2-300 tho. And demor is on a pretty short timer :) LT+Petheals will probably heal that damage pretty easy.

Hit ML9pet and send, LT and nuke if possible, QCroot the pet sorc has. If Sorc mocs, hit ZoU and Demor and just moc aswell and nuke him down with more DPS. You cant really loose as Banelord tbh since you lower the DPS to pretty darn low lvls and are unkillable thanks to the healingpets+LT.
charm a stunning pet, bd cant do anything when stunned just like anyone else

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Chronictank said:

stunning pets proccs stun and doesnt procc it all the time, seen sorc use it very often and its not really reliable :) (and pets still heals BD)

tho, its like with all casterduels, over in a few seconds and its down to who spots who first as always, headon BD have edge though normally. (unless he's a frantic buttonmasher^^)

fionnel

Fledgling Freddie
Dunno about a particular class, but the 1.62 combination of interrupting asd+wtfpwn zerks was the most frustrating thing i ever had to face in daoc. Sorcs, reavers, savage squads don't even come close. Ofcourse i wouldn't know if enchanters at their full glory (pre-sc) might have been worse because i wasn't 50 then :p

Keeg

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh, tbh id take a air theurg over a sorc anytime - chain stun and 700-900ish nukes for the win (toad)

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
BD vs Sorc . Purge, cos you'll be mezzed doubltless, qc root his pet, sorc uses moc3, LT the sorc, sprint out of range, unmezz pets, run out of range a bit more till moc runs out, run into range and kill.

The other variation is , ooh I'm mezzed, purge, lt, mm no pet healers they're all mezzed, dead.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Chronictank said:
Purge maybe? ^^

And the mezz/stun would most likely get resisted with rr5 ability.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:

Not sure if you are aware, but if BD is banelord, he doesn't get a ML9 pet, thats the convoker ML line. He can of course spend 5 RA points and get a 60 second Juggernaut pet.

Also the ZoU mana (PBAOE) will only work if you make it to the Sorc. If the Sorc uses MoC and has good distance then you will never make it to the Sorc. Healer pets and Lt will give you one second, before the Sorc has taken that health. LT is on 4 seconds, and it takes 10 seconds for the 2 healer pets to give back effectively a full health bar.

Never the less BD is a strong class.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
SkarIronfist said:
If the Sorc uses MoC and has good distance then you will never make it to the Sorc.
You'd have to be very stupid if you ran towards a MoCing Sorc with RR5 ability on if the Sorc has a good distance. Take some steps away and wait for it to end ^^

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
RS|Phil said:
Since when do healers have instant interrupt?

before they got their dps? instant debuff.. :eek:

RS|Phil said:
BD vs Sorc . Purge, cos you'll be mezzed doubltless, qc root his pet, sorc uses moc3, LT the sorc, sprint out of range, unmezz pets, run out of range a bit more till moc runs out, run into range and kill.

The other variation is , ooh I'm mezzed, purge, lt, mm no pet healers they're all mezzed, dead.

BD's rr5 ability would probably help them out there ;o

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
5 RA points in ichor 1 will soon stop BD kiting out of moc (not sure why sorcs never bother with ichor, got ichor 2 on my leirvik VW and it's pretty damn nice). Although I guess BD can also drop TWF.

Also, remember if they both buffed sorc can have body resists up and BD prolly won't.

Would go for a moc sorc in most fights, specially if it's full body.

Mael, 50th ment.

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
imo op chars from each realm

mid
BD
SM

hib
any hib caster with baseline stun :( (god i fookin hate that stun)

alb
inf
sorc

in cata combs the mother of all op'd classes imo will be the warlock :( and the banshee will be up there also.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Most overpowered? Sadly every new fucking char they will introduce in game in every new expansion, nuff said about Mythic attitude.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
What gahn said

that doesnt seem to count for albion tho.. RvR wise

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm the most overpowered player and char at the same time.

I don't play so you can't touch me and everytime the server goes down i kill thousands!

Force /Log 4tehwin!1

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Keeg said:
Reavers are good 1vs1 in melee, any caster can kill em.

With Catacombs, warlock and that hib class with aoe bolts will wtfpwn all

We're talking about the most overpowered char ever - Reavers, in 1.70, is exactly that. No character can compare. Just download the dartmoor video, its just half decent players with 2-4 reavers in group instakilling zergs like fuck.

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
Bainshee ought to be added to the list as well (but the noise people are making on the IGN boards is covering them up, and they're bright enough not to draw any attention to themselves. :)

They have quite a lot of utility - easily equal to sorcs and warlocks.

Not any more, they have surfaced. A quick summry:
Warlock the choice of anyone for the instakill capability.
Banshee the power gamer choice for slaughtering zergs.

A

Aoln

I'd say a high RR minstrel preNF was unbeatable 1on1, so much utility and can just run away with SoS and come back if someone pops an i-win like moc.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
gervaise said:
Not any more, they have surfaced. A quick summry:
Warlock the choice of anyone for the instakill capability.
Banshee the power gamer choice for slaughtering zergs.
Well if you can insta kill one guy with a solo warlock and slaughter a zerg with a banshee grp in my book that makes the banshee more powerfull :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom