most fun tank

N

Northstarr

was wondering what you people think the most fun tank is for pve and rvr. i have a lvl 42 pally and a 33 armsman and so far i like the pally best for pve, ive only tried armsman in bg1 so im not sure about him in rvr yet. never tried a merc or friar (i know friars arnt really tanks)
thx

N

Northstarr

can i please have some reasons for your opinions :)

K

Kcinimodus

Being a tank in rvr normally means you get mezzed, stunned, snared and all over again. But if you DO get close, it's still very funny to whack your pole in sweet little kobolds or lurikeens :). Palas are/get good in rvr because of their chants, arms for euhm, well, their pole hits hard :p, mercs do good damage and get some nice RAs in the future, and I know friars kick ass :). Tanks are also good as guards for a caster.

But if you want a nice tankish rvr char, I would personally go for friar (don't have one myself, but I hear alot of good things about those).

B

bracken_woodman

Well I got no complaints with my sword/shield armsman, because I can choose what kind of role to play - either as a caster's personal "bodyguard" or if the mood takes me wading in up front hunting down the enemy casters/healers. Also get to be first through the gates when a charge is on, which is always a laugh (well almost always, gets frustrating on occasions when you look around and realise most of the albs didn't follow you through :p ).

O

old.Wildfire

having played an armsman, mercenary, paladin, and friar, i have to say the merc is the most fun to play out of all of them. The other classes just seem too slow for my liking and force you to stand there like a statue too much.

H

Hit ^_^

paladins are uber can solo anything if they have FH.
nothing can kill a pally when their end has run out.

O

old.LandShark

I'm going to go with WF and konah here and say merc as most fun pure melee class. Dual wielding is just fun =)
Though as hybrid melees go, friar is damn fun. Fast staff helps counteract the "gah, HIT IT" feeling.

Q

QuickS

Friars arent tanks. Tanks r melee classes that can take hits. My friar can kill most melee clases 1v1 but if u got 2+ ppl on u friars go down almost as fast as casters.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by QuickS
Friars arent tanks. Tanks r melee classes that can take hits. My friar can kill most melee clases 1v1 but if u got 2+ ppl on u friars go down almost as fast as casters.

true...

but how much actual 'tanking' goes on in the frontier?

I guess by tanks he probably means 'melee damage character'
if yer a tank and being hit - it's probably by 8 people at once.

F

Flimgoblin

Heh, I remember when common wisdom was 'Polearmsman for RvR - everything else sooks'

Nice to see people thinking mercs are more fun :)

O

old.LandShark

no-one said merc was necessarily better :) though when flurry arrives for mercs and BMs, polearmsmen will lose the frontloaded damage advantage over mercs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom