Most fun shield tank on Camlann to play?

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Depends on what you like really.

Hero: Moosemode, can spec for high damage 2h combat (50 lw/cs 39 weapon 42 shield) but will lack 1h damage a bit.

Warrior: The luxury of not needing to spec for 2h so your 1h damage will be good as well and a bit better blocking due to you can spec 50 shield.

Armsman: You will dish out the most damage with pole (hybrid spec of course, 50 pole 39 weapon(important to have +11 weapon bonus to eliminate variance in pole dmg) and 42 shield. Also you can have the strongest armor in the game.

Paladin: The best damage-sustain wise twink from all the large shield users, you can also rez which is not a big extra in the age of balanced groups tho. You will suffer from crappy ws and low melee damage. No, speccing two handed won't help. :p

Reaver: A very unique class in the field of large shield users, the problem is they are good for interrupting mainly, not taking damage or dealing it, not so bad melee as a paladin of course, but nothing special.

Thane: Same as the reaver, actually a bit worse on the interrupts, but you got dds and stuff so you can roleplay :p.

I'd pick : Armsman-hero-warrior in this order if I had 3 choices. I find armsman the most fun due to I don't need to share the defensive tank slot on camlann with the silly pallies :p. Then comes the hero with moosemode which really tops my hp up, and decent 2h damage, if specced properly. Warrior is just an all around defensive tank, nothing special to mention, if not the 50 shield speccing ability. :)

Edit: Warriors get the least bonus damage from using 2 handed weapons, heroes get larger bonus damage when hitting with 2h due to they need to spec a line itself for it, and armsmen get the largest bonus damage while using 2h weapons since they have to spec an unique line for it AND a damage type line.

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Id choose reaver => hero.

facing a reaver as support char is FOCKEN annoying, hero with 50lw is a killah.....

Hansmoleman

Fledgling Freddie
id go reaver personally simply because if specced flex they are machines with slam/levi and the damage add from sr is lovely as well :)

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
i sense a strong duo coming near you soon ^^

hang in there liddul willehh

ps. what would be the best duo when playing with a shield tank?

merc/zerker/savage/bm or?

bleameh and i r liek wanna wtfpwn but he cba uc :(

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
depending on the shield tank/what you want to do, either a bard, a shaman or a cleric :p

or if you have a bot and wanna xp, light tank or pbae'r i guess

B

Ballad

Paladin. Spec 50 shield, 34 weapon and 46 chants. Does decent damage with Battler and stands very, very long. Any group will take you.

Saigean

Fledgling Freddie
Dommelsch said:

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Dommelsch said:

Paladin and eithar merc or reaver imo, reaver has gr8 positionals, while pally holds agro, savage is cool 2 at higher lvls

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
Saigean said:

qq

.. and for the other posts with usefull information, thank you.

though i kinda think bleam doesn't want another Paladin :x

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
then dont play a pally? :D doesnt HAVE 2 b the most effective, but it SHOULD b fun :)

warrior + skald is good duo aswell (even better with a shammy bot) but the main reason i like pally + dmg dealer duo is if u have a bot u can use a cleric or druid, giving af buff or haste, with paladin end chant is nice :).

why not consider a warrior + thane duo? or warrior and champ, or warrior and reaver, or hero and x :)

cross guarding is nice and u can alternate tanking between pulls

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Skald + any heavy hitter = good duo...Think that a skald + vw duo would be great, VW can easily get in the side stun style and the fecking hard hitting folowups after insta mezz from the skald...You'll also have some ranged damage in form of lifetap and some pretty good interrupts (2x snare 2x skald dd 1x vw dot etc.)

Skald + Reaver sounds fun too...

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Try to keep it ontopic, Bleam asked what would be the most fun shield tank to play on cammie, not what kind of duo.

etc

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
but he's gonna duo with me..

but yeah go on cus he cant make up his mind yet ;/

B

Ballad

Most fun shield tank and paladin doesn't count? Well... I'd pick a reaver. You can both defend and deal damage at the same time which is an impossible combination for a paladin. Soulrending is an art which is easy to learn but hard to master. A reaver that knows how to play his class is a killing machine, both in PvP and PvE. :eek:

B

Ballad

Oh and don't make a shield thane / champion. You will just gimp yourself.

Saigean

Fledgling Freddie
Dommelsch said:
qq

.. and for the other posts with usefull information, thank you.

though i kinda think bleam doesn't want another Paladin :x

.................. = boy, go back to school :/

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Dommelsch said:
it's called 'leetspeak', which only retarded morons like Saigean understand.
I speak l33t too :D.

1 |2 1337 |34% |\/|3!

Bellona

Banned
lurikeen shield hero/champion

everything else licks balls compared to keen make a rolling attack with pierce styles :wub:

B

Ballad

Bellona said:
lurikeen shield hero/champion

everything else licks balls compared to keen make a rolling attack with pierce styles :wub:
Lurikeen shield champions suck. Period. :(

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Paladins are a gr8 class to play and when you get a high RR your very tough. my paladin is only RR4L7 so he is still low but when im higher there are RA's that i will get to increase mym dmg. so far i have increased my dmg quite a bit and its helping alot more. the problem with a low RR paladin is your there to block. you wont do alot of dmg and when your grp die to another someone will land stun then your shield is useless for 9 seconds hence everyone will do there lvl 50 styles etc.

i think LW firbold hero are very good class. slam then annihilation ftw

B

Ballad

Bahumat said:
Paladins are a gr8 class to play and when you get a high RR your very tough. my paladin is only RR4L7 so he is still low but when im higher there are RA's that i will get to increase mym dmg. so far i have increased my dmg quite a bit and its helping alot more. the problem with a low RR paladin is your there to block. you wont do alot of dmg and when your grp die to another someone will land stun then your shield is useless for 9 seconds hence everyone will do there lvl 50 styles etc.

i think LW firbold hero are very good class. slam then annihilation ftw
Slam, then Annihilation? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom