Most awesome SF moment ever

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Whats the most impressive science fiction moment you've ever seen on screen? Can be visual effects, or story-telling.

I think mine would be the Galactica dropping into New Caprica's atmosphere, which was a truly "HOLY SHIT" moment when I saw that (and the rest of the episode was utterly superb). Another one would be the first time I saw Aliens, and watched their landing craft drop from the sky and start barrel rolling towards them (cue "game over man").

280862389_7686d2285b.jpg

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Yeah for me Aliens (2) is the best SF thing Ive ever seen. Shame the follow-ups were so much worse :(

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Cant find clips at the moment as I'm at work, but for special effects, the bit where the Reaver fleet comes out of the cloud and engages the alliance in serenity is pretty damn impressive imo.

For story telling, the part in B5: In the beginning where Mollari is talking about how the Humans are fighting against impossible odds is pretty well done imo, always makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up watching that. The music is superb for that part also, its on the soundtrack as "The war - end credits" if anyone is interested.

The attack on the death star at the end of Star wars episode 4 is a good blend of both I think. The remastered effects obviously arent groundbreaking or over the top but they have a refreshingly "realistic" (what a word to use hah!) feel to them, when paired with the the trench run scene its just one of the my favorite SF moments ever.

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
Blade Runner opening scene is a WOW moment. What a vista.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Star Wars flying up the death star to blow it up bit.

Worst ever was anything in Serenity...

*hides from Cal*

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Rofl Trem, I can hear Cal's explosion of geordie expletives all the way down here in Norfolk!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Galactica drop was one of the finest, but that failing, Stargate Atlantis when they warp out from the surface :D

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
omg I loved space above and beyond :p

Term fo

Aliens was just amazing, the drop ship scene was pure class.

More recently I love the battle at the end of Serenity as Pikey has covered.

I also have a few favourite moments from Star Trek Voyager.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Whats the most impressive science fiction moment you've ever seen on screen? Can be visual effects, or story-telling.

I think mine would be the Galactica dropping into New Caprica's atmosphere, which was a truly "HOLY SHIT" moment when I saw that (and the rest of the episode was utterly superb). Another one would be the first time I saw Aliens, and watched their landing craft drop from the sky and start barrel rolling towards them (cue "game over man").

280862389_7686d2285b.jpg

YouTube - Battlestar Galactica attacking New Caprica
[youtubevid]i77lJOu0LDE[/youtubevid]

rynnor

Rockhound
For story telling, the part in B5: In the beginning where Mollari is talking about how the Humans are fighting against impossible odds is pretty well done imo, always makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up watching that. The music is superb for that part also, its on the soundtrack as "The war - end credits" if anyone is interested.

Aye - stirring stuff - I had forgotten about that bit - Babylon 5 up to the great war was fantastic and extremely ambitious in a way that series like hero's or lost no longer try to be.

Nowadays they build story lines for one season then just keep padding em with filler if they are sucessfull :(

Vae

Resident Freddy
The moment in B5 where the station has just fought off an Earthforce assault and are battered when a second earthforce force comes through and you think they're done for but the Minbari arrive to save the day.

The moment's about 3mins 30 in this video:
Managed to figure out how to embed it now
YouTube - Battle of Babylon 5 (2)
[youtubevid]tJTXbZ7AgRM&[/youtubevid]

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
As far as storytelling goes it has to be Babylon 5 as a complete story arc. Was fucking incredible and massively underrated because of cheap sets and less known actors.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Heh, when I saw the thread title I immediatly thought of that scene from BSG :)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
YouTube - Space Above and Beyond - McQueen as a plumber
[youtubevid]M0hsvt4Nbko[/youtubevid]

The greatest comedy moment in SF ever.

I don't get how that is funny, I suppose you have to watch the series/film or whatever it is to get it.

I really wish I could get into a sci-fi series but they always seem corny and cheap, Samm did say Battlestar Gallactica seemed really good then she stopped watching it :/

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Tremlar, download the batch torrent for S:AAB and get going.

Its hilarious because of the characters/history there and you'd have to watch the series to get it :p

Its also the best sci-fi series evor.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Lol thats pretty good xane, tis sad how we forget about oldish stuff like robocop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom