Mortar whingers...

B

Brit

OK, I'll come out with it. I play heavy defence/offense 90% of the time. Yeah, I prefer to use the mortar.. so what??

I have played a number of games recently where the chat box was *filled* with whinging morons complaining about my use of the mortar.

"Its so cheap"
"Its so unskilled"
"You're so crap, always use a mortar"
"You suck, come out and fight like a man"

What is with these people? Did their mums not tuck them into bed the night before? Did they spill their din-dins? Did they drop their toys out of the pram??

Some people assume that just because you don't run around with a spinfusor shooting people, you're an unskilled igit. These may also be the same people with a confirmed IQ of 3.

I just want to say that the mortar is far harder to use effectively than a spinfusor. Especially when Team Damage is on (another topic entirely that one). The ability to judge a person's trajectory, speed and distance so that you can plant a been 'ol greenie at their feet in time for their landing is a true skill - just as much as being able to snipe people out of the air, or spinfusor your way past 10 enemy lights, destroy the gens, avoid the pop up turrets and cap the flag.

Get a grip, get a life - mind my mortars
smile.gif

--[EM]Brit--
http://www.planet-tribes.com/em

------------------
Editor, Planet-Tribes.com
Editor, Tribesplayers.co.uk
Editor, EuroTribes.com

P

Poker

Perhaps they are just trying to wind you up? Looks like they succeeded too.

A

Ash

To be honest the Mortar is my Fave weapon too and you are dead right about the skill required, if used properly it rocks.
But then again all armour types/weapons need skill to be used effectively and its different for each type.
If everyone used light armour, jetpack and spinfusor I think Tribes would be very dull.
The mixture is what makes the game, after all a heavy with mortar also has its downsides ie slow pace, vulnerable to close attack from lights etc.
So don't take any notice of these people, its a team game and meant to be fun
wink.gif

Ash

A

Ash

Incoming!!
smile.gif
wink.gif

Doh! Ash discovers smilies
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Ash (edited 29 May 1999).]

C

cro

I've always liked the long-range 'kill a heavy with a blaster' or the very short range (ie hard up against them) 'kill-a-heavy-with-a-chaingun' tricks... Although the disc launcher works well enough in a pinch....

wink.gif

------------------
www.barrysworld.com/cro

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom