TV Mortal Kombat

Gray

FH is my second home
Looks like a new Mortal Kombat film has been made, and it looks fucking awesome!

Much better than those 90's versions ;.

YouTube - MORTAL KOMBAT

Unsure if its a legit trailer though, a lot of people seem to be doubting whether this is/will be a movie as opposed to just a trailer.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
I certainly hope they make a movie out of it. Could be an epic movie if they do it right. But the odds are it will be like Street Fighter with Jean-Claude van Damme.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
The first Mortal Kombat film was good and gave the feeling of MK without the brutal fatalities, but the ones after were just plain rubbish on all levels. Hopefully the new one can reset the clock and show us another decent MK film, but I am not holding my breath. Not sure about that trailer being legit, last I heard the producers were still trying to find funding and hadn't finished the script yet.

Edit
http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6264968.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;story;1

Just found this on my daily nosing around on Gamespot

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Aye, I liked the first MK film and hated the second. It would be nice to see a revamp or such.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Awesome trailer is fuckin awesome.

Pls tell me this is gonna be a real movie. :worthy:

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
You must have hit that clip within a couple of hours of it arriving.
The news sites online all seem to report about 12-15 hours ago.

And 7 of 9 in a suit? Nahh... get her in the tournament with her usual kit. :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Would be an interesting "remake", the storyline is more modern. Story and style; Gritty, realistic(more so) and dark, not sure if i'm bored of it yet.

Would be cool to see none the less, and with internet hype all over it, money backup is sure to follow.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Love the comment:

"Wow! This time Jhonny Cage didnt even make it past the trailer"

LoL Fuckin A. :lol:

Apparently this is a promo short flick made to convince some producers to make the whole movie with a fresh new idea 'bout MK universe.

Obviously, there are the fanbois screaming "FFFFFFFFFFFUU the characters dont even have the original costumes", when in fact, this new approach to MK is ace.

Hope the good ole Boon and Tobias step forward and make positive comments about this.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
when in fact, this new approach to MK is ace.

Well, new to MK perhaps, not new and NOT fresh in the long line of "ooh look at us we're so gritty" movies that have come out these days. Star trek, batman, everyone doing it.

Not saying this would make MK bad, but it could very well do so if they have, for example, just old regular folk with no paranormal shit in there.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
This looks like it would be a great movie. Bit like that film with Van Damme where he enters the fight tournament etc

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Man fan made trailers are getting hella good!

Preatoria

Loyal Freddie
Ass to Mouth ! Mortal combat hahaha ... Not what they are singing but it sounds like that tbh ! Use your imagination haha

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
I thought it was a nice opener, straight into the action and it seems fairly well done, as long as they don't add every single MK character into it it should be good. If they do add them all I can see people getting very confused as theres thousands of different characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom