News More requests sent to block Newsbin2

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I can state that my ISP is not blocking Newsbin2.
Aquiss Internet.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It takes several months to get one blocked, it takes several hours to make a new one. Newsbin3 anyone?

Eventually they will stop wasting their time and money and instead meet customer demand. i.e proper on demand TV and movies. The sooner they realise that traditional TV scheduling is dead the better.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Stupid thing about all this is that I'm on BT Business ADSL here at work and I can access the newsbin site.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It takes several months to get one blocked, it takes several hours to make a new one. Newsbin3 anyone?

Eventually they will stop wasting their time and money and instead meet customer demand. i.e proper on demand TV and movies. The sooner they realise that traditional TV scheduling is dead the better.
This. The industry just needs to wakeup and realise that the way we consume film, music, tv has completely changed in the last decade. No longer are we happy to wait to watch something that has aired somewhere else on the planet. For me the following rings true:
  • I pay a subscription to Sky for everything.
  • I am happy to pay to download at an appropriate price.
  • I will not wait for stuff to air over here weeks/months later than the US.
  • I want to buy my Albums in FLAC. For now I buy the real thing and then rip to FLAC.
  • I do not give a flying rat's arse about adverts. I record everything on my Sky HD box just so I can skip adverts.
  • I buy a shedload of stuff but want to be able to conveniently rip it to my NAS.
I reckon that even if they charged "pence" per episode download they would still make more than they are now. The industry reminds me of a bank.....

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I agree and do most of the above except I got the full works on virgin media not sky hehe

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I can state that my ISP is not blocking Newsbin2.
Aquiss Internet.

surely if they're a reseller they wont have a choice if the main provider blocks it? also this seems quite futile to me, the stupid cunts need to wake up and realise they cant stop piracy its 99.99999999999% impossible because as Raven said there will always be a new site to take its place.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
surely if they're a reseller they wont have a choice if the main provider blocks it? also this seems quite futile to me, the stupid cunts need to wake up and realise they cant stop piracy its 99.99999999999% impossible because as Raven said there will always be a new site to take its place.
Doesn't matter about the how. The end result is that NB2 is still online as far as I'm concerned. It's not a showstopper for me if it did get blocked. I'm wondering if using OpenDNS is having any effect in this. I use OpenDNS for the domain filtering options (easier to filter ALL the machines via DNS rather than individual filters on each machine). If I suspect any of my kids can bypass my controls, I'll just lock them down even more. :)

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Jesus these people just don't get it do they? One word: "Proxy" There are loads of free http proxies out there, all you have to do it Google it and anyone who has the smarts to d/l stuff like that will know what a proxy is. The simple fact of the matter is this. There is no censoring the internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom