More Realm zones, please!

S

svartmetall

Remember the first time you ran out into Mularn (or Camelot Hills, or Ardee...) and it all felt so big?

Like you'd never find your way back if you strayed too far?

I'd kind of like that feeling back...I'd like a TON more Realm zones, especially with plenty of new low/mid lvl areas/dungeons (with /lvl and genuine newbies coming into the game all the time, we need these; my only real gripe with SI was that there were no new low-lvl dungeons, an equivalent to Nisse's Lair for us Mids).
I'm a spare-time level designer for games (Quake 3 mainly ATM), and the level designer in me is always thinking of terrain and places I'd like to see in DAOC. Towering cliffs, Grand Canyon-sized ravines, really BIG volcanos, 'orrible Everglades-style Epic Swamps...the possibilities are almost literally endless...

Anyone else want more Mid/Alb/Hib to play with?

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Cush
i mean.. give more rvr zones!!

Yeah, those too...give more ALL zones!

Be nice to have some real Fjords in Mid...

O

old.Tohtori

I'll tell you to give more zones when i find myself out of myrkwood forest. Hell, i went there for a little exp hunt with a friend. This "friend" soon left to up his skills and i haven't seen him since. Must have been caught by some moras or something. Now i've been there for 6 months and all the mobs have turned gray allready. I want out! I don't know what to do! One time some odd troll ran by me and i asked if he knew where i could find gna faste. He pointed to a direction, did a 180, pointed that way and ran to the left. Dared to say "your welcome" even if i didn't thank him. Bastard. I've been mostly eating berries and i found this strange "IBM" thing on the ground. After a small study i found this place.

What to do? Help please!

Rubert Bushwhacker

S

Silenzio

nha... ull get toa with crappy monst... hem races

some quest u Must do otherwise ur template will be crap...

n the new MUST exping zone...

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Silenzio
nha... ull get toa with crappy monst... hem races

some quest u Must do otherwise ur template will be crap...

n the new MUST exping zone...

Hu..wh...eh?

*presses a few buttons on his dezyphercube and asks help from Omni's little sister*

Oooh...now i see.

Huh?

O

old.LandShark

Toto: NON-RVR EXPANSION MAKE SILENZIO ANGRY!
SILENZIO SMASH!

O

old.Tohtori

Ah. Thanks Landshark. Was kinda baffled with that one.

W

Whoodoo_RD

IMO just change the old ones, make better ambush areas, better mile gates, and dotn let albs have a tk.

Last ones a must.

H

Hargh

aye more zones more more more. what about a compy like the quest copy? design a zone / dungeon and the winners get put in the game?

E

Erwan

"lord, we don't need another mountain..."
I really don't think they should add more zones. every time they do so the rest of the realm gets less populated. And what happened to SI? Quite few out there really, except in the dungeouns. I too love to explore new lands, but people group up the same places anyway to gain the bigest amount of exp...

C

chretien

I went exploring the other day and walked from Gwyntell all the way round to Diogel - the long way. There are no decent maps of those areas (not as good as the Kirstenas ones anyway) and I really got a sense of the unknown just like it was back when I couldn't find Mithra twice in a row when I started playing. There is also good exploring to be had in the heartlands zones too, we went to Llyn Barfog and had the whole place to ourselves, training at the bearded gorgers was as good if not better than essence shredders, all we were missing was the good drops, but we didn't have to wait for a camp spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom