More payment issues

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
Apparently some payments have gone to a hotel and some to a computer company.

what people said was that while the name mentioned was a hotel, the payment was made to a company who is under the category of a computer company (like Blizzard if I understood it correctly). Anyway that is what the bank of some people told them.

Also response of blizzard atm is this :
Techlead said:
We are aware of the issue and its still being looked at, but it looks like just an incorrect name that was added to the bill of some customers by the payment processing company we use. It should have no impact at all on your gameplay.

Kokelimonkelmedisin

Fledgling Freddie
freaky, ty for the heads up

I will call my bank tomorrow (closed now, hope they dont have easter off tomorrow :eek:)

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
-sigh-

no the payments have gone to Blizzard but for some reason the company processing the payments have applied the wrong names to the bills of some individuals.

Chances are there some thing screwy in the database on the people who process the subscription info and whilst the cash is going to blizzard the information saying where the money is going is reporting the wrong destination.

M

Kokelimonkelmedisin

Fledgling Freddie
`mongoose said:
-sigh-

no the payments have gone to Blizzard but for some reason the company processing the payments have applied the wrong names to the bills of some individuals.

Chances are there some thing screwy in the database on the people who process the subscription info and whilst the cash is going to blizzard the information saying where the money is going is reporting the wrong destination.

M

still its not good to just leave it at that, Im gonna get it corrected incase some more issues appear :eek: so I dont have to dig trough year old payments etc if something gets screwy later :)

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Aye but the point here is that blizzard didn't make the error - their processing company did. I would think it's quite common, and as most of these companies don't talk to the consumer, just to their clients they're almost unaccountable for their cock ups

M

Turamber

Part of the furniture
It is, in fact, extremely common. Banks are always putting the wrong names on payments, be glad they end up in the right account at all!!

Poag

m00?
Fana said:
http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-tech-support-en&t=31919&p=1&tmp=1#post31919

http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general-en&t=83780&p=1&tmp=1#post83780

Blizzard are starting to make GOA look good. I advice people to check their credit card account statement, just in case.

Apparently some payments have gone to a hotel and some to a computer company.

1- Payments go to Blizzard not to Hotel ro wherever.

2- GOA was part of a larger company 'Wannadoo' who have there own CC billing management stuff that covers all the sub companys and costs millions each year....Blizzard is just..Blizzard..so outsourcing saves a fairly large amount of cash

but atleats Blizz havn't started randomly billign peopel after they closed there account 5 months previously..or refusing to give money back when they over charge..or many of the other thigns that billing companys do sometimes :)

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
Gale said:
2- GOA was part of a larger company 'Wannadoo' who have there own CC billing management stuff that covers all the sub companys and costs millions each year....Blizzard is just..Blizzard..so outsourcing saves a fairly large amount of cash

Billing management for DAOC is also made by another company (BitBits).
Moreover Blizzard is also part of a larger company (Vivendi).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom