more noob questions

Foopei

Fledgling Freddie
SNQs (Stoopit Noob Questions):
do Realm Abilities help in PvE or only in RvR? i.e. will taking the time to get some RPs (--> RAs) now in BGs (@ level 25) help me speed up regular levelling by making me more formidable in PvE?

NetNifty

Fledgling Freddie
Most if not all RAs help in PvE - normal stuff like Augmented stats, MCL etc definatly help in PvE and are not disabled if you attack a mob rather than a player.

Best example of this is MCL (Mystic Crystal lore - free mana every 5 mins) :

Caster A doesn't go to thidranki, doesnt get MCL and when he runs out of mana he has to rest for 2 mins to get the mana back equivilent to MCL.

Caster B goes to thidranki, gets MCL and when he runs out of mana he uses MCL, taking approx 10 secs (combat timer) to get the same mana back as caster A.

Therefore Caster B levels faster than Caster A, assuming all other things are constant (groups, camps etc).

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Most Realm Abilities help in PvE as well. And getting some is a good way to help you level.
F.ex. casters can get rr1L3 in bg1 and get MysticCrystalLore1 which gives them back some mana every 5 min, making downtime less. Tanks could get augumented dexterity or strenght (increases the stat with 6pts/level) and such to make them more defensive/offensive.

Edit: wrote while Netnifty was posting :)

Foopei

Fledgling Freddie
yasnq

Yet another stoopit noob question:

does dying in BG cost XP?

Breiair

Fledgling Freddie
nope, it doesn't

dieing by other realm players cost no exp (and no con loss either)

Foopei

Fledgling Freddie
cOOOOOOOl

very cool
thanks for the help
sounds like BGs are a relatively risk-free way to gain power and glory (and speed up my level grind)

Breiair

Fledgling Freddie
there's still some mobs running around in bg zones tho, so they not entirely safe from exp deaths (highest mobs con yellow to 24 as far as I know tho)

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
if you need futher help please check Newb selection for more dumb newb questions ;)

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Breiair said:
nope, it doesn't

dieing by other realm players cost no exp (and no con loss either)

Just wanted to add that Guards of all kinds don't give xp death when you are killed by them, they count as enemy realm players iirc..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom