More info...

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
Just wondering when were likely to see the High Elves and Night Elves on the site and what the abbilities will be for each class and what they will look like roughly each lvl. ie. as an orc gets a higher lvl, he gets bigger etc....

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I don't think elf info will be for another couple of months I'm afraid :(

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I doubt they can stealth though. He made it clear about stealthers and buff bots early on i thought?

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
theres actualy a vid somewhere on youtube where paul mentions NO assassains and no shades as player characters.

He also kinda drops a hint there the dark elves get Corsairs and Sorcs so far, and well the whitch elves are in the intro movie, so i reckon those aswell.

Just need a DE healery type now to cover all 4 corners

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
They actually did say this in a recent interview that the 'good' species will not receive stealth classes because tyhey are in war and you shouldnt hide because its war!

on the otherhand they also said that the 'bad' species do have a stealth ability.. (may it be like night elfs in Warcraft 3 or like daoc i dunno) but they did say this.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
They actually did say this in a recent interview that the 'good' species will not receive stealth classes because tyhey are in war and you shouldnt hide because its war!

on the otherhand they also said that the 'bad' species do have a stealth ability.. (may it be like night elfs in Warcraft 3 or like daoc i dunno) but they did say this.
Could you please provide a link? I must've missed that interview.

Shades could still be in, but you won't see invisibility-stealth as implmented in Daoc. Period. (unless they've done a 180 turn in direction)

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Could you please provide a link? I must've missed that interview.

Shades could still be in, but you won't see invisibility-stealth as implmented in Daoc. Period. (unless they've done a 180 turn in direction)

ill try to find it, watched it this week, was kinda astounished myself aswell

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
(cannot seem to find the movie anymore but in a interview they stated this aswell:)
VN Boards - WAR FAQ - No stealthers/buffbots? WAR looks like WoW!? and other questions answered!

Q: I have heard that there are no stealth type classes in war. If true, why?

In the Warhammer universe, or rather within the table top version of the game as it has more influence on the design than the RPG books, the armies that have special units that one would refer to as stealth, are limited to 3 armies.
They are:
Skaven
Dark Elves
Wood Elves

They are the only armies who have units that are stealth oriented.
Dark Elves and Skaven have assassins, for is their army theme that they are double-crossing individuals and not to be trusted. The Wood Elves are sneaky in that they are limited being able to hide well in forest terrain.

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
dps tank - corsair
heavy tank - executioner
magic/heal - sorc

imo

not sure on final one... beast master could fit into it

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Not sure he hinted at Corsairs as Npc in a podcast, my guess for the dps spot are the Witches (nice arses etc ^^).

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
I think its worth remembering that alot of thought will have gone into already the add ons. It wouldn't surprise me if 3 - 4 years worth are already mapped out, even in a rough form.

Races, classes and lots of other things.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
dps tank - corsair
heavy tank - executioner
magic/heal - sorc

imo

not sure on final one... beast master could fit into it
Those three get my vote - although I seriously doubt the beast master. While I would love to see the Witch Elf in-game I just don't think they'll be in.

Priest(ess) of Khaine perhaps for the healer role if sorc goes full out on damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom