more dungeon siege tips - levelling

O

old.ptholt

This definately works in the multiplayer game and should work on single player as well - though not tested it.

(a hint for those wishing to play multi, if you cant find a server to join, host your own and play solo).

leave town via a path that has a legionnaire (policeman) or two.
Find some big nasty monster that you havent a hope of slaying, get in his 'range' so he chases you, the pull him all the way back to town.

If there are two policemen there one of them will go and attack it as they get near (specially if they are range firing like skel rangers, they will actually attack the policeman if you put him between you and the skel) the monster will be solely intent on destroying the policeman (impossible from what ive seen) so you are free to attack it anyway possible and earn monster exp from it, as well as pick up its drops and sell them on (as chances are you wont be able to use them).

However, if theres only one policeman on the edge of town (note it seems they HAVE to be on the edge of a town) you will have to pull the monster inside the town boundaries, then the police attack and carry on as above.

The ideal place to do is the exit opposite the smith in crystwind with two dwarf policemen on the gate, go straight out and you will to some cliffs, to your left is an elevator to ground level, go right and you will meet a policeman, if he advises you not to go that way, thats the way to go :) there will be skeleton rangers just ahead, pull them back to the two policemen in town.

Watch out for there arrows they might hurt, i find moving just as they are about to shoot is the best bet, and move in diagonal lines so the arrows dont get you.

You can sell the bows for 20k a pop back at the smith in cryst, and you get monster exp from helping the policeman.

You can do the same with droogs at quilrabe, skels at hilroth etc as well :)

happy hunting.

Wayland - level 59 combat mage

S

Scouse

That's SO against the spirit of the game.

Bet you Tkill everyone when you play Tribes or Quake...... :(

YEAH! I CAN CHEAT MY WAY TO A BETTER LEVEL!!! I RUL3!!!!

O

old.ptholt

why is it cheating?

is there a rule that says 'DO NOT DO THIS' did i miss it in the manual or the faq? Is it posted on dungeonsiege.com as something you are not supposed to do?

If i can find a level 50+ uk hosted game i will play it, unfortunately there aren't many of them around, so sometimes you have to solo so why should i spend hours soloing against weak enemies for little return when i can let the police tank for me?

To me it sounds very similar to playing online with other human players, letting higher lev characters buff you whilst you fight, or let them tank just like the policeman above, whats the difference?

Just substituting a cpc for a human one shouldnt make it cheating surely?

You'll have to excuse my ignorance on this subject, im not a huge fan of the genre, having only played ds and eq.

S

Skyler

Power Levelling just isnt fun....

Much better to go through the game levelling as you go, at least its a challenge then...

O

old.[WP]Malfius

And another good thing to lvl up with is the Grenade Launcher
just fire this baby into a Large group of high lvl beasties , and watch you ranged skill rocket up :)

S

Scouse

ptholt - have a look at the first sentance of my post.

Can you honestly say that that action is in the spirit of the game?

Users who are viewing this thread