More CE questions

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
I have the three keys that come with a CE pre-order box, so I'll be able to get into beta and I presume the 'head start' whenever these may be. Now I don't have a receipt from HMV, and don't know which HMV the box was purchased at, as I didn't buy it myself.

So my question is, will I be able to buy a retail box on the day and fully activate my existing account, or will I have to forget about my characters created during the head start and just play on a new non-CE account?

nelg39

Fledgling Freddie
It seems that u have to get a CE copy or loose your HS toons, call HMV find out when the CE's go on sale and make sure your there that day to pick it up, if not you will need to keep moving from HMV to HMV untill you get one...

Good luck.

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
your pretty much out of luck if you dont know which hmv it was ordered from and have no receipt...

guess you will have to count on people not actually getting the CE editon.

since the normal version now has a pre order with pretty much the same bonuses of CE anyway i bet alot of people wont bother getting the CE from hmv anymore anyway though

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
your pretty much out of luck if you dont know which hmv it was ordered from and have no receipt...

guess you will have to count on people not actually getting the CE editon.

since the normal version now has a pre order with pretty much the same bonuses of CE anyway i bet alot of people wont bother getting the CE from hmv anymore anyway though

What do you mean? What bonuses does the normal version have?

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
What do you mean? What bonuses does the normal version have?

The pre-order for the Standard Edition has pretty much the same bonuses as the CE except in Europe the Standard Edition pre-order will not get you into open beta and the head start will be slightly shorter than the CE headstart (as in will start a day or so later we are guessing).

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
The pre-order for the Standard Edition has pretty much the same bonuses as the CE except in Europe the Standard Edition pre-order will not get you into open beta and the head start will be slightly shorter than the CE headstart (as in will start a day or so later we are guessing).

By 'preorder' do you mean if you order on play.com before the game comes out, or is there going to be a box?

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
The pre-order for the Collectors edition is a slimline DVD box with no disc but a slip of paper with the codes on it. UK official online source was play.com, official high-street source was HMV. HMV website is NOt pre-order but "advanced" orders for CE without the pre-order program goodies.

The CE box itself is amazing, see the www.war-europe.com website for more details on that.

The Standard Edition will also have a pre-order program but as far as I know GOA have not announced details of the EU SE pre-order program yet. On that assumption places like play.com are only currently doing "advanced" orders of the SE rather than offereing any SE pre-order box or codes if there will be a box like there was for the CE pre-order.

Hopefully there will be a proper GOA announcement regarding EU SE pre-order program soon.

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
The pre-order for the Collectors edition is a slimline DVD box with no disc but a slip of paper with the codes on it. UK official online source was play.com, official high-street source was HMV. HMV website is NOt pre-order but "advanced" orders for CE without the pre-order program goodies.

The CE box itself is amazing, see the www.war-europe.com website for more details on that.

The Standard Edition will also have a pre-order program but as far as I know GOA have not announced details of the EU SE pre-order program yet. On that assumption places like play.com are only currently doing "advanced" orders of the SE rather than offereing any SE pre-order box or codes if there will be a box like there was for the CE pre-order.

Hopefully there will be a proper GOA announcement regarding EU SE pre-order program soon.

That makes things MUCH clearer, thankyou.

I'd love to get the CE but alas I have tried all the HMV stores nearby and none have the preorder boxes. I'm not after the preorder box (as I already have one but from ebay), but I understand they won't sell CE to people unless you bought a preorder.

I'll order from play.com and cancel it if GOA announce a SE preorder I guess.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
If you already have a pre-order box (was it still in the shrink wrap cover?) then it is a CE pre-order box. You could be lucky and take it into an HMV near you and say "look I have the CE pre-order but I didn't leave my details to have a full CE box put aside, could you do that now?". They might just do it. Many may not pick up "their" copy of the CE and instead go for the SE instead so there may well be CE boxes going spare. What I have never seen cleared up for sure is that if you enter a CE headstart code that a SE full game code will keep your account alive. We know you need a CE game code to keep the headstart account going but not if an SE code will do, I assume not. That means a lot of people could have their headstart accounts locked if they take that route so don't fall into that possible trap unless you know for sure that an SE game code will keep a CE headstart account active.

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
Perhaps one of the GOA staffers could confirm this either way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom