More BBC mmorpg 'news'

B

BlitheringIdiot

Players in some online games have had their virtual homes invaded by gangs who kick them out of the house and steal all their virtual goods.

Does anyone else feel patronised? :eek:

O

old.Tohtori

Well spank my ass pink and call my poodle Betty if that isn't the dumbest thing i've ever heard.

What next? 20 to life punishments for using wallhack? 3000£ fine for camping? 6 months of civil service for calling a Troll dumb as a rock?

C

cadiva

Arghhhh, I'm telling ya someone in the BBC technical department plays bloody EverQuest!

Although in this case they're referring to SW:G as well it's still really really annoying the amount of publicity the BBC gives EQ through so-called stories.

Being a journalist I know sometimes news can be a bit short and you have to route around for stuff, but some of the things they've used on the BBC technical news site has been a joke.

Ah well, maybe we should all start spamming them with stories from DAoC and see if any of them make it onto the site? How about the times the community have come together for tributes to fallen players like Oggy (okay I know at the end that all went arse up but it did mostly work) or the absolutely fantastic videos of the game that are out there.

There's plenty the BBC could choose to write about DAoC - lets face it, any decent tech/gaming team would have had something on their site about the apalling balls up with the passwords/registration pages or the hacking incident.

/em gets back off her soapbox and wishes she worked at the BBC so she could write about her favourite games ;)

T

The Kingpin

The best report on EQ was on PCZone..

They called it NeverQuest, it was class, and everyone should read it..

B

BlitheringIdiot

Originally posted by cadiva
There's plenty the BBC could choose to write about DAoC - lets face it, any decent tech/gaming team would have had something on their site about the apalling balls up with the passwords/registration pages or the hacking incident.

It would only work if it was something like 'I shot my dog with a bow and arrow becaus eof DAoC'. They prefer the stories that either make games look evil or stupid.

E

Ezenden

Originally posted by The Kingpin
The best report on EQ was on PCZone..

They called it NeverQuest, it was class, and everyone should read it..

A friend and i created a MUD called NeverQuest about 3 or 4 years ago. Hmmm, copyright infringement............ ;)

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by BlitheringIdiot
It would only work if it was something like 'I shot my dog with a bow and arrow becaus eof DAoC'. They prefer the stories that either make games look evil or stupid.
Actually, I think the BBC have never once run a story and focused on a 'games make little johnny a killer' aspect. They've certainly reported that killer x played a lot of doom, but I don't think they've ever obsessed about it.
They mention EverQuest from time to time but never any other MMPORGs; either because EQ is the archetypal addictive pay-to-play or because someone on the staff plays EQ.

W

wildsorcerer

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Well spank my ass pink and call my poodle Betty if that isn't the dumbest thing i've ever heard.

What next? 20 to life punishments for using wallhack? 3000£ fine for camping? 6 months of civil service for calling a Troll dumb as a rock?

lmfao :D /clap

Users who are viewing this thread