More anti-drink crap in the media !

Tom

I am a FH squatter
How ironic it would be if this caused people worried about cancer to drink more, so as to forget those worries.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Too right in this weather. Oh to be single and unkidded for a night :)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Now it causes cancer, when will it evolve and give us aids too.

rynnor

Rockhound
Its a moral judgement dressed up as 'science' - screw em !

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
First they came for the foxhunters, then they came for the smokers. Now.....it's the drinkers turn.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Who, the daily mail or the BBC?

Will

/bin/su
The study itself seems quite well done. But I've only had a quick skim and stats aren't my thing. I'll get a proper science nerd to look it over.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Everything in moderation.

What I hate about all these kind of studies is they forget to mentioned that you're going to die at some point and probably in some unpleasant way. We probably shouldn't do things that will kill us by the age of 40 (which you can basically avoid by following my first point) but is there really much difference between dying aged 78 from cancer or aged 81 due to heart failure....

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
but is there really much difference between dying aged 78 from cancer or aged 81 due to heart failure....

Outside the suffering before kicking it, not in my opinion.

Anything past 50 is a plus :p

rynnor

Rockhound
Everything in moderation.

What I hate about all these kind of studies is they forget to mentioned that you're going to die at some point and probably in some unpleasant way. We probably shouldn't do things that will kill us by the age of 40 (which you can basically avoid by following my first point) but is there really much difference between dying aged 78 from cancer or aged 81 due to heart failure....

Exactly - no matter how much you avoid every possible risk you'll still die so a little risk is not unreasonable if you enjoy it.

Avoiding doing anything because theres a potential risk is not a life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom