Moors murders

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'm asking a serious question here, and not trying to big myself up or anything. Me and another editor have spent the last few weeks on a major expansion of this:

Moors murders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...to the point where its being peer-reviewed for a 'promotion' to featured article status (ie best articles on Wikipedia). I feel more attached now to this article than I do to any of the others I've written over there, and would appreciate any critical commentary on anything people here feel is lacking.

I'll almost be glad to see it 'finished' if I'm honest. I've had sleepless nights after reading what happened, and watching documentaries.

Cozak

Part of the furniture
That is a really good article, very interesting read. Dark couple of characters them two like, loads of info I didnt know about them in there. Top draw mate, good luck with the reviews!

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Nice read, but those two fuckheads shouldnt have been worth your time to be honest.

Hope they both rot in hell, scumfucks

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Top read Tom.

Everytime I get to goto the Dark side (Lancashire) I get a funny feeling and have a little prayer to myself when passing Saddleworth.

Godbless to all of em :(

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
She Who Must Be Adored is rather knowledgable on this topic. I'll see if she's able to give it the once over.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Haven't read it all yet Tom, but mega kudos for the research and work you've put into it. I'm quite impressed.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Anything missing though? Anything you read that makes you think.."er, what?"

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Once I read it all I will let you know, thing is; i'm not an expert on it so I'm ignorant by default on the subject :(, so my opinion may not count.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
That's the point though - you don't need to know anything about the subject, but hopefully by the end you'll know everything pertinent to it.

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
It's a nice read and i'm not ashamed to admit i knew next to nothing of the moors murders. That's pretty much told me everything.

The only thing that i had to read twice was regarding Lesley Ann Downey

On 16 October police found an arm bone sticking out of the peat; officers presumed that they'd found the body of John Kilbride, but soon discovered that the body was that of Lesley Ann Downey. Ann Downey—later Ann West after her marriage to Alan West—had been on the moor watching as the police conducted their search, but was not present when the body was found

I initially thought 'hang on, it's her body but she was on the moor watching? Eh?'

Her mother is referenced in a prior paragraph but not named as far as i can see:

Lesley Ann Downey's mother later listened to the tape after police had discovered the body of her missing 10-year-old daughter, and confirmed that it was a recording of her daughter's voice

And it didn't click her mother was called Ann Downey until the last sentence

She was shown clothing recovered from the grave, and identified it as belonging to her missing daughter

However i am working night shift at the moment and it does tend to turn brain into mush :(

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Thanks, I've clarified that (well I will when Wikipedia stops being broken).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom