Moonstone Quest (Where is the old or the crone?)

V

Vivishade

Basically i cant find the old, but i have tryed to speak to the crone WITH the ring on and she dosent seem to want to answer (This is the one in the hut near ardee) If i have to go find the old can anyone tell me where he is?
Also i tryed to talk to the tracker outside Magmell as it tells me too in my journal and he dosent do anything apart from face me :/
Thanks in advance
Vividude

O

old.Tohtori

If my memory serves me correctly... you have to give stuff to the one in the hut near Ardee. Can't remember totally what it was but...

B

boni_ofdavoid

Think you have to say something to the tracker like 'moonstone'.

The old is on top of a hill not far SW from Howth if memory serves.

S

Solarius

The Old is the guy in a hut on the top of the hill behind Howth.

A

Anu

IIRC u say something like "moonstone" to the crone to continue.. whilst wearing the ring.

u can always check the spoilers -->>> daoc.warcry or here Alakzham

this is where i go for Quest spoilers

A

Anu

Seeking the moonstone (part 2) lvl 20

Spoiler
The Crone (NNE of Ardee) sends you to Caille to speak with Empar. He then sends you to the Moonlake (loc ~55744,60859) at night to speak with Watchman Rylie. Be careful, at night not only is the Empyreans and Watchman Rylie there (neutral) but so is Blaeseach and his trackers (aggressive). I just ran up and talked to him, finished talking before I died.

If you choose to speak with The Old instead of The Crone, he is located WSW of Howth.

--If you don't kill ALL of the Trackers before speaking with Watchman Rylie they will all rush you when you finish speaking with them. I didn't make it 10 steps before kissing the dirt.

--One way to complete the quest without dying to Blaeseach and his trackers, is to have someone pull Blaeseach and run away. You should have enough time to talk to Rylie and run away before the aggro mobs return.

--Bleaseach and his watchmen should not be up when you first arrive because they spawn after you finish talking to Rylie. They may be up because someone else has made them spawn, but they are supposed to spawn after you speak to Rylie.

--There is no need to kill the watchmen first, or to die. I approached Watchman Rylie keeping VERY close to the waters edge and had my Sprint cued up. As soon as I spoke to Rylie, the watchers became hostile, but I never stuck around to see it- I just hit Sprint, ran for the water and swam to safety. Got a nice quest xp bonus (wow almost a million!) and didn't die. That was a nice bonus to grin about as I sat safely on the other side of the lake. :)

--You need to be wearing the ring in order to talk to the two people. I had to csr for that ;/ cause i did it at 49 and the ring was worthless

--Part of the Moonstone quest that seems to trip a lot of people up is the part where the journal tells you to speak with Merle, or Crone the Old. If you approach Merle near Howth he tells you to go away, then when you talk to The Crone near Ardee she simply ignores you. When you are at Merle near Howth you must speak the keyword "creeper". This will unlock the Merle's Informant quest, which in turn will leave you with a Silver crown in the end. Take the crown to the Crone and now you may continue on your epic once again. Done this quests with my Bard Champ and Enchanter, gotten stuck 2 out of 3 times :)

V

Vivishade

thanks alot for help guys it should come in handy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom