Monsters who attack on their returning path

D

Dardamein

I have encountered monsters in Darkness Falls that attack on the returning path after have been following a whole different group from start.

We did never engage combat with those fiends at all. The monster im referring to here is Avernal Quasit.

Anyone else encountered this?

Is this a change or just a bug?

Quite annoying to be backstabbed when others drag 10-20 mobs upstairs....

B

belth

Seen it happen with Shredders too. Very annoying, atleast when you're exping an alt :(

I

ilienwyn

You should see at mid side of df. There is one Cthonic Knight that moves up and down where Umbrood Warriors are and sometimes can agro someone in the xroad. I have heard stories of wiping everything up to merchants (playing mid on pryd) :p

D

Dardamein

Well i think such things should be dealt with immediately....but oh well mayhaps not possible

F

Flimgoblin

I think they're "working as intended" but you never know.

T

tripitaka

I reckon its 'working as intended' too.

If you saw one purple alb walking towards you, what would u do?

Same situation really....

Run, or die.

D

Dardamein

So what you mean is that it was NOT working as intended before. Kinda interesting how many who would die in f eks Darkness Falls where people constantly drag 10-20 mobs upstairs from lazy aggro.

Should then those mobs attack people on their way back down to their camp? Never seen this before thou

Realistic yes of course, but then people maybe should start caring about others when aggravating fiends and simply leaving them behind to kill others.

O

old.CorpseWhisperer

Again in Darkness Falls, but the flying demons in the Cooks Room act (or react) exactly the same.

I have been wiped there twice by returning mobs, standing on the landing at the top of the stairs.

D

Dardamein

Originally posted by old.CorpseWhisperer
Again in Darkness Falls, but the flying demons in the Cooks Room act (or react) exactly the same.

I have been wiped there twice by returning mobs, standing on the landing at the top of the stairs.

Have you experienced this before the patch of 1.62 or only after it?

V

Vim

happened me yesterday @ Barrows @ Camlann

Althought it didn't only hit, it aggroed totally when i was sitting near entrance. 2 soul harvests followed some guy who ran out (He got out while mobs were about where i was sitting) and 1 of them aggroed on me

C

CryptoKnight

Seen this avernal quasit thing myself the other day, they followed someone back to portal out, then agroed someone ( low con ) and killed him pretty quick, then turned on me ( and i didnt do anything ) , so i legged it.

This is new as far as im aware, never used to happen, and if i mind right, i think mythic coded this into the game deliberately, to stop the zone wall high lvl monster train camp wiping eq grieving tactic ?

( or something like that anyhoo )

i would have to assume its a bug as a result, as a mob not on its 'patrol path' should not agro anyone without them agroing it first.

O

old.CorpseWhisperer

Dardamein,

This all happened to me before patch 1.62. Even got into a discussion with the uncareful paladin at the time - I thought this was a well known issue ...

F

Flimgoblin

it's happened since the start with some monsters ...

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by ilienwyn
You should see at mid side of df. There is one Cthonic Knight that moves up and down where Umbrood Warriors are and sometimes can agro someone in the xroad. I have heard stories of wiping everything up to merchants (playing mid on pryd) :p

I remember a cithonic knight walking through a wall at the cooks room once (Presumably for a laugh) The cleric and I sorta got killed.

D

Dardamein

Ok seem like people experienced this before and after patches, here and there etc

To my knowings I have never seen it before. Also happened to my lil brother Fimboldt in Keltoi now.

I heard about Cthonic Knights walking through walls but not seen anyone take aggro on the path back from mobs without intervening.

Oh well, its a pain but death is around every corner....

O

old.CorpseWhisperer

<paints Death upon a fluffy rabbit around the corner>

I

influenza

Happened the 1st time i ever went in DF , was standing up near merchants and a nightmare wiped about 30 of us lowbies.

Only ever happened once since (with tempters).

P

[PS]Venom

Yeah some of the higher level mobs in Mithra used to do it too. I think Virilis and the other large legionaire type mobs used to on it's way back down.

Caused many wipeouts back in the day.

D

del_eneste

Yeah thats happened to me b4... and also over on mid/pryd in the vendo caverns

A

acei

The Xanxicarian patrol does it too in Avalon city e.g. they agro you on their patrol route you run back to the entrance and outside and they wipe everyone at the entrance and anyone else they see as they're walking back to their usual route.

K

Khalen

It has in some regards to do with certain aggro emitters (don't know a better word for it). For instance paladins chants work in weird ways. They sometimes aggro a mob without you ever hitting it. Had it a couple of times when I was playing my little paladin. Furthermore there is a differance in some mobs indeed. In some rare cases some mobs charge their closest enemy once their former enemy is gone (teleported, dead, whatever). This is just a little thing because it happens at the time someone ports (don't forget lag which can make some differance) and the time the server knows where player is again. In that time I think the mob doesn't know what to do because it lost his enemy which it was locked on and is basically looking for it's target once it's gone.

But one thing is for sure never ever hit someone else's mob because it will hunt you down when it's finished with his former enemy (unless you deal more damage then it will come straight for yah).

PS. Just slap me if I'm talking bullshit again. The dudes/dudettes who programmed the game know the exact actions ofc.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Psht...makes the game more realistic, I say. ;)

I can't imagine that any demon would chase somebody out of hell and then 'tra-la-la-la' stroll back to his little home without going postal on some other mortal who happened to be invading his home.

S

Sol-

Originally posted by Dardamein
Someone desperatly want to be Forum Deity?

Get a grip and make sense sometime

not really i just find this thread stupid

S

Sohan_THC

Had about same strange thing last night in A.C.

Im solo with buffbot in group

so normal if main gets killes my cleric gets killed also

now i was passed the stable then little further.

some returing mops kills my main , i was buzzy with phone etc
so i had something like WTF ? :p

but the left my boto alone , while it was on stick close to main.
not a single hit. so could rezz myself.

ahwell you fix a bug and create 3 others is a standard rule
but not when you are in france orso :clap:

D

Dardamein

Originally posted by Sol-
not really i just find this thread stupid

Why even bother reading then and in particular posting to it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom