Monkey Island

pcg79

One of Freddy's beloved
sorry to put this here but i didnt know where else it should go.

anyway i was wondering if any one had a copy of this.. ive played 4 so i wanted to go back to the first one to see how that is...

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
It's still better than 4. I'd skip it and get monkey island 2 though, that was a superb game.

Check out the abandonware web ring. One of those sites is bound to have it.

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
dysfunction said:

SACRILEGE!

I bought the "Monkey Island Bounty Pack" a while back, which is a bundle of the first three games, and it was well worth it, but I'm not certain that anywhere's selling it anymore, unless you include getting it second-hand.

the_hermit

Fledgling Freddie
I've tried this page, but they don't have any of the Monkey Island stuff... I suspect Lucas (?) have kept ahold of the license so it might well be hard to find on any of the AbandonWare sites... The Underdogs is usually pretty good mind you.

Good Luck

babs

Can't get enough of FH
I can't believe anyone would ever refer to my favourite game ever as crap.

I'm stunned tbh....

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Louster said:
SACRILEGE!

I bought the "Monkey Island Bounty Pack" a while back, which is a bundle of the first three games, and it was well worth it.
Damn straight skippy! It came in a double sized box that just screamed "quality retro games" at you. The first 2 were the best of the series, then 4 and finally 3 (imo).

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Monkey island r00lz !

"Oooh, Rubber Tree"

Whipped

Part of the furniture
I use http://www.scummvm.org/ for all my LucasArts game needs. monkey Island 1 & 2, Indiana Jones, Zak McCraken. If you can't find the game on its own then maybe try searching for a ScummVM collection.

pcg79

One of Freddy's beloved
yeah thanks everyone :D
i do use scummvm.. but i didnt realise you could save! oh well ill just have to start again (i didnt get that far)
these games are excellent :D

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Oh wow that can run simon the sorceror games. I can remember getting the demo for my amiga and played it for ages, I really stink at point and click games. Might have to grab that one and defeat it.

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
Point -> Click -> Repeat .. where's the difficult part? :)

:touch:

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
The 3rd is the best by far, how anybody can say its worse than 4 I don't understand, 4 was crap you had to use the keys ffs.

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Lucasarts made the BEST adventure games EVER!! Damn shame they stopped! Indy...Sam and Max...Day of the Tentacle...Full Throttle...~drools~ :D

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I loved Monkey Island. Gobguard Thapwood ruled.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I remember a time when Lucasarts produced nothing but the best games, bar Rebel Assault, natch.

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
X-Wing, Tie Fighter, X-wing VS Tie Fighter ... :rolleyes:
Jedi Knight, Jedi Knight II, Jedi Academy ... :rolleyes:
Day of the Tentacle too.

All those have set the standard for their genre at some point.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Granted, they weren't the best of their genres, but they were fantastic games in their day. Infact, JK2 is pretty dang awesome fullstop. Academy is laem though :\

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
Alright swordplay/jedi powers aren't everyone's cup of tea, but you cannot deny the space fighter types rocked, and have yet to be beaten even. :mad:

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
the_hermit said:
Could also pass off as Basildon too....
Don't dis the Basildon!

90% of the scum in this town are outsiders who only visit Bas Vegas and try and fight all the locals :(

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Calling a place Bas Vegas what do you expect? The locals deserve to be beaten up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom