Monitor

Gamah

Banned
Or wants a 19" widescreen around the £130 mark.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Depends on the money you have to spend.

Bearing in mind the resolution of you monitor will have an impact on your game playing experience.

The 24" Benq FP241W (or WZ) are very good, but in the £500+ range (1920 x 1200).

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
There is potentially a major problem with that monitor depending on your requirements. In the linked page it says the monitor only has D-sub inputs. (i.e the typical VGA input that has been with us for like 15 years or something). You really want a DVI input. Infact most new video cards only have DVI connectors. Of course you can buy a converter but its not as good as a pure DVI connection. Double check with the supplier to confirm whether it only has D-sub input as it could just be a listing error.

p.s. If your video card is using D-sub outputs then it does suggest it is a little old so I would carefully check that your GPU can handle the native resolution of big widescreen monitors at acceptable framerates for your favourite games.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
You may wish to look at having HDCP on the monitor. Since that will be required for HD DVD movie play back, without downscaling happening.

echome

Fledgling Freddie
Well I just got a Samsung 206BW - can't say ANYTHING bad about it. And it is rather cheap aswell.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Tesco have some decent monitors fairly cheap.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
You can bypass the HDCP requirement of hddvd/blu ray anyway, Legally too. You can just get an adaptor that fools the device into thinking its connected to a hdcp compliant monitor. Simple really :)

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom