Monitor distortion

O

old.-12M-Prankster

Over the last week or so, i have noticed that everynow and then the sides of my monitor where the black border meets the picture there is some stretching and movement in the middle.
It seems like its either a moniter or graphic card driver problem.Anyone know which ? or could it be something else

W

Will

My money is on the monitor.

Just hope you don't switch it on to find a straight white line on your screen. If your speakers are next to your monitor, move them.;)

W

Wilier

Erm, honest Itchy? its just that my speakers are next to my monitor.............

W

Will

Well, if it's not causing any problems, it's fine.

Just your CRT is controled by magnets, and in your speakers, you have big-ass magnets.

W

Wilier

Well, mine prolly have little pea ass magnets, cos their dead ickle like.

W

Will

The CRT is normally shielded against this sort of thing anyway. But if he's getting judders like that, it's a possible cause.

I like to eliminate the easy stuff first, before you start changing the drivers and formatting C:, and all that crap.

W

Will

A lot better. Thing is, I work in faults, but when faults is quiet, and billing is busy, I have to deal with that.

And I hate billing, that's why I joined faults in the first place.

O

old.-12M-Prankster

Thx for info dudes, seems it was my headphones as i use them for sound and i always leave them onto of the monitor :)
Leave em elsewhere now and screen is better

O

old.D0LLySh33p

/me kisses wilier and itchy for bein so wubbly.

S

S-Gray

I notice my Monitor Screen Size startin to curve inwards, pretty old 20" monitor tho... may need to get a 17" soon

Users who are viewing this thread