Money!

F

FoXeH

i've been playing for a few adys now and i'm always completely skint! finding missions a little tedious and was wondering if there was any other way to make easy cash?

B

braxxus

Having started recently like yourself, there are options to help make life a bit easier.

When starting out, you shouldnt need that much money anyways. It really depends on your class. Check the bazaar terminals on a regular basis (when the damn things are working properly), cus one person will sell a CDEF pistol for 1000 credits, and the next guy will sell it for 50 credits. It pays to shop around.

Secondly, Id recommend taking novice scout so you can harvest resources off dead mobs. These can be used in crafting and can be quite useful. Novice medics are always in demand, and by healing others you gain xp and normally even a small tip or two. I remember healing a CH's 3 pets and was tipped 12k credits. Sure I was a master medic at the time, but you can see how others reward medics.

On the same line as medics, entertainers are loved by everyone to get rid of the cursed battle fatigue. People will normally tip a dancer or musician after their wounds are healed.

Entertainers and medics might not be your thing, and you just want to bash heads and kill things, but you start with 250 skill points, so why not take a few of each professions to start out. You never know, you might like it....

Hope this helps

D

darbey

Be easier to advise on what profession/s are you pursuing?

Making money isnt easy at the start other than running missions.

Let me assure you , having mastered dancer and musician and ID you will never be rich.

What i found most successful is to train as an artisan and go survey for a concentration of either gas or metal over 70% concentration as close to your city as possible ie 1024 metres away. When you locate some waypoint it and go get some artisan survey missions for the appropriate resource at the waypoint u made. Once you have enough for a speeder you will tottally fly through them , i remember making 3-4k roughly every 5 mins. If u group with 2 others the payouts increase alot and all take the same missoins it really does come in fast.

Other than this missions is the way to go until u start getting higher up in your field. As mentioned scout harvesting might bring in some but dont rely on it as there is a glut of low level harvested stuff and peopel wont pay much.

One thing the guy above mentioned the bazaar , double check if u r going to purchase anything as there is a lot of scammers who will try and pass a basic cdef weapon off as some thing it isnt. Im my experience the bazaar is full of crap and not worth bothering with other than buying some resources if i cant be bothered gettig them myself.

As far as professions the richest ive come across seem to be master ch/bio eng or architects.

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Delivery missions are tedious but can make OK money in the early stages. Find a good delivery trade route (Moenia to Theed is my favourite) and pick up 2 missions at a time to the same destination. Hop on a shuttle and you can make close to 2K per trip.

Alternatively, for artisans, survey missions are pretty good, especially if you have at least level IV in a base combat skill. Find a highish concentration of a survey-missions resource (ore, metal, gas) at least 1K from the terminal then pick up 2 high value missions 1700-1800 each for that resource. 3.5K for a quick trip out of town.

Hunting can bring in cash if you can find a buyer. Look out for Herbivore Meat (used to make advanced stims) and/or Avian Meat (used in most doctor enhancement packs). These can sell for nice prices 10 or more credits per unit. When you find some, keep collecting it.

Ultimately you will make your cash frommastering your professions - either by being a killing machine and working on high value missions, or by becoming a master craftsman and selling your wares.

F

FoXeH

I'm actually playing as a Marksman now, i've just got the master the last pistol skill, half way there ;)
hmm i'm not sure about all the artisan stuff, would probably confuse me :)
about grouping... i've only ever actually done it once with a RL friend, started on the server corbantis with my friend and the population doesn't seem all that high so im soloing alot. though my friend is a master marksman and has an AT-ST following him around. we were doing some of the missions he was getting from mission terminals. he was getting around 6k for a mission, i'm getting around 600 for a mission :(
oh and i bought a load of wind generators and mineral extractors, base 8 for 2k each, i've set them up and hopefully should be able to get some cash from those =) but maintainance costs seems a bit high :( and who do i sell all the power that they generate to? junk dealers?

M

madcow

buy 5 win gens from for bazzar at 300 credits each (try to get them at 7ber or above) find a good wind spot put them down stick 1000 credits each in them come back 12 hours later you should have quite a bit of wind goto bestiune and spam X amout of wind for X*1.3k . go back to the wind gens and stick the money in rinse and reapeat. atfer afew days now you end up with about 60k of wind try and sell it for 80k for the lot ( or more in little bits if you have the time) its take money to start but once your going it pays for its slef.

this is a very basic idea i did at the start fo the game I now like to go for the suff medics need to make good stims

you only need to be a novice artisan to survey for the stuff and im sure people sell harvestor on the bazzar at a loss

at the start of the game this allowed me to go out hunting without returing to town every 10 mins to get some crappy missons

if this fails go and buy 1,000,000 credits from ebay

D

darbey

Talking of ebay anyone see the FS unlocked SWG account that was up for sale? It went for £720 quid.

A

Apocrypha

Originally posted by darbey
Talking of ebay anyone see the FS unlocked SWG account that was up for sale? It went for £720 quid.

proof that some people have more money than sense. (Common sense, that is. Not force sense.)

D

Demolay

Farstar Coronet has a dearth of people wanting to buy locked containers for up to 10k @_@ farm the thugs for ez cash (and lotsa vid screens!)

D

darbey

Personally i dont sell the containers, i give them to the training smugglers. Pays off as ive never had to pay for a slice yet.

Users who are viewing this thread