Money Making?

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Haven't seen many threads about this so far..has anyone any tips for making some decent money?

Also how much is a reasonable price to sell Linen or wool for anyone have an idea?

Currently saving up for guild emblem so any help appreciated :)

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
I'd say 5-10s is reasonable for Linen, thats how much i've seen it selling for in IF but I honestly prefer to farm my own because it means I can make money on my crafting (which brings us nicely to point two :p)

Crafting is a good way of making money, you can typically sell your crafted good to a merchent for more money than it cost to make (atleast thats what i've found in Tailoring, i'd assume it's the same for others)

Quests give nice money... holding off on buying that new piece of armour, or new spell until you actually need it (i'm not buying Shackle Undead on my priest yet because I rarely if ever come across the Undead :p)... farming is probably the slowest method tbh but also a way...

I can't think of any other ways, but that doesn't mean there arn't... :D

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
Humanoid mobs, armor/weapons on AH, cloth on AH, basically everything you can't use just sell it on auction house.

And I always put linnen up for 6s and 10s buyout; ppl always buy it for buyout price

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Dont understand how people can be that low on cash. Ok you are close to broke all the time but when you get to around 35 you start making a little bit more cash and suggest saving until you reach 40 and get your mount, after that money just wrack in. When i reached lvl 60 i had around 120g, and without ever going to farm cash or drops other than instances i now have 400-500g. Can easy make 100-200g / day if you farm at lvl 60 so dont worry.

On US Linen sell for 75-1g stack now :)

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Nice tips thanks all time to try make some money out of the 100 linen i have saved up :)

I'm in no rush to 60 just chilling/exploring atm currently level 17 and level 9 and warlock spells/demon training eating all my spare money :eek:

1 thing I've noticed my wife Nightelf has been getting lots more money for her quests than me (gnome) on average it seems the quests in night elf area give 2 or 3 times more each has anyone else noticed this?

example 2 quests virtually the same i got 7s she got 20s

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Case said:
Nice tips thanks all time to try make some money out of the 100 linen i have saved up :)

I'm in no rush to 60 just chilling/exploring atm currently level 17 and level 9 and warlock spells/demon training eating all my spare money :eek:

1 thing I've noticed my wife Nightelf has been getting lots more money for her quests than me (gnome) on average it seems the quests in night elf area give 2 or 3 times more each has anyone else noticed this?

example 2 quests virtually the same i got 7s she got 20s

You know i managed to get all my spells and Warlocs spells costed like 2-3 times as much as they do now.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Case said:

I don't think thats so much the case, as that NE's rely less on Griffons to get about. I didn't pay money for a Griffon/Hippogrif until around lvl18 when I started doing quests in Ashenvale.

On the other hand, last night when I went too Stormwind for the first time I ended up wasting 15s on transport because I was too lazy to run it (which isn't really an option around our starting 'Area' )

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Money making made easy:
20050202l.jpg

;)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I would just like to add to this thread.

Be reasonable when selling stuff on the AH already there is a massive build up of stuff thats just stupidly priced because people want to make fast cash. at the end of the day the higher you price the resources your selling the higher the price the crafter is charging for his finished product.

Sensible people can make a fortune by seriously undercutting the overpriced goods some people are putting up for sale.

Also I went to the AH and checked who was the cheapest seller of leather, I then messged them and asked them to just send all leather to me with C.O.D and I would make them free armour aswell. We all need help in one way or another.

So my tips :)

Speak to people ffs it does not hurt :0

Charge sensible prices anything more than the npc is giving you should be a bonus.

It not how much you sell it for its how much you sell.

Cal

Alunaa

Fledgling Freddie
personally i have made 3g 60s by level 19 this is just try and kill as many humanoid charecter's you possible can as they always drop
Cash
more chance of weapons
more chance of Armour
Wool / Linen / Silk.....make into bandages then sell them, doesnt cost u a thing and they stack nicely

In beta i was doing LW as i am now and i was selling anything and everything for +20 or +50silver over what the AH basic value was, no point puting stupid amounts up as no one will buy it, plus gives others chance to get better armour at a reasonable price

Silvermoon - Crasher Hunter 20 - Naked Squad

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
Grinding works for me. But I've just got more money then I need and I'm 32 now. Before that the money was going up and down again no matter what I tried to get it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom