Money making?

B

bylin

Money seems a bit tight in this game so I was wondering if it gets easier higher Up? Any thoughts? ATM my main income generator are bat wings (200 gil for two from the guy in Sans). Anyone expericing a cash shortage or just me?

S

Sharma

Right make sure you have the signet cast on you by the W.W guards at the exits, these allow you gather conquest points and crystals.

Crystals are a great source of income as full stacks of fire and wind crystals sell for about 1.2k gil and earth and water ones are about 300 gil.

Always make sure you sell at the auction house, normal merchant buying prices are shite.

R

Restart

Use the auction house, was selling 12stacks of crystals there last night for 1,200 gil. Sold some old armour for 1000ish gil and sold some zinc ore's for around 300-400gil. Put stuff into the auctions, then ran straight to my house, check the delivery box and already had 2000gil in there :p. Think the AH is one of the best ways to buy/sell I've seen in any MMORPG so far.

S

summon

From my judging ppl pay diffrent for crystal depending on where ye are from...in windurst wind crystals seams kinda wanted but water and earth sell for low...fire is medium I think.

In windurst you can also sell gobling armor, bead necklace and stuff like that from 100-400g...and you can do the Crawler Culler quest that gives you 600g for 3 crawler calcus that normaly sells for 3g/calcus

N

-Nxs-

I have to priase lonewolf for advising our linkshell to be formed in Windurst. This week i have leveled my paladin from 6-11 killing easy mobs all the time, ok so this took about 2 evenings of played time - but hey it was safe as hell, and the good side was the 25,000gill I made from selling all the stuff that was farmed.

There are numerous locations around Windurst that have the following mobs :-

Crawlers : Silk (700 on AH) , Calculus (200 on AH)
Carrion Crows : Fire Crystals (1,600 for 12 if you are patiend)
Goblins : Goblin armor, sells for 200-700 depending on which part, ohh and Fire Crystals again.

W

Whisperess

Fire crystals sell for 1900ish in Windurst/Pandemonium :)

I think carrion crows/goblins have me listed in their little black book of people they should kill on sight :D

B

bylin

Thanks all. Doh, I've been giving crystals to merchants for 12 gil each!

F

Faeldawn

AH is simply supply and demand, prices vary depending on how many items are available.

I have sold Fire crystals for 2,000 a stack and 1,200 a stack, simply following the going rate is optional, but helpful if you want a quick sale (and with only 7 slots in the AH, the quicker the better).

Another good way of making cash is using your fame, merchants will give you a better price for loot if your fame is higher, i experimented with buying a few AH things and then selling them to merchants for a small profit, then selling the same items when my fame rose :)

Yet another way to make a lil cash is to buy from bizarre's at below AH value and sell on the AH, or even buy cheap on the AH and resell at a higher price.

I know a few other ways, but these are my secret (cant go giving away my best tricks :)).

Best way is still crystals tho imo.

N

-Nxs-

There are also some quests you can do that give items, these items sell on AH for ..... well.... some of them around 6,000 :) so check the sites find some quests and explore the zones.

B

BlitheringIdiot

Its a good idea to see if quest items are being sold aswell. I made 800g simply by buying every crawler calculus that sold for less than 200g. I then turned them in and made a profit!

I knew nothing about the signet thing, most of my money came from silk thread, its fairly common from crawlers and sells for 700g.

O

old.tRoG

I used to have plenty of cash, but since hitting lvl 10 my supply seems to have dried up.

That may have something to do with squandering all my money fishing, for no reason other than to get myself into the little social circle around the fishermans guild.

J

Jaxal

u can get cash fairly easy in the lower lvls with crystals and such

but once u get to lvl +20 , equipment starts getting fcking expensive :(

altho u always get the cash back becuz u can sell it again in the AH

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by old.tRoG
I used to have plenty of cash, but since hitting lvl 10 my supply seems to have dried up.

That may have something to do with squandering all my money fishing, for no reason other than to get myself into the little social circle around the fishermans guild.

My latest venture also, gonna land me "The Big One!" someday, you just see if i dont....btw you shoulda seen the one that got away.... ;)

O

old.tRoG

I spent two hours last sunday, just sitting fishing, and talking to a female taru ladywoman that was sitting next to me.

Gah, I think I'm "forgetting my family, friends, and work".

J

Jiggs

i buy conquest items and sell em =-)

merc great swords (only available when windhurst is in 1st place) go for 8-10k ^^

R

Restart

Something seriously wrong with Windhurst AH or something... placed 12 Fire Crystals for sale in the AH and they sold for only 100g.... same thing happened when I sold the silk from Crawlers in the AH....
Was hoping to make a load of cash from those sales to buy some new armour, but only got enough to buy like a pair of gloves or something now :mad:

J

Jaxal

ur crazy jiggs, im gonna save up my conquest points till i can buy an uber high rank item :p

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by Restart
Something seriously wrong with Windhurst AH or something... placed 12 Fire Crystals for sale in the AH and they sold for only 100g.... same thing happened when I sold the silk from Crawlers in the AH....
How about putting a higher reserve price?
If you set ~1,500 or so, they can't sell for less.

( Guessing you put "12" as the reserve price, thinking that was how many you were gonna sell at once. I did that mistake too the first try :) )

E

ECA

have a THF in your party and hunt gobbos, made 500-1000 gil directly, and also more from item drops which are more frequent with a THF.

F

Faeldawn

Compiled a few good quests (repeatable) for Windurst that i use a lot, hope it helps.

Yoran-Oran Windurst Walls (E5)

- 4-leaf Madragora (120 gil)
- Cornette (200 gil)
- Yahtunga Sulfur (250 gil)
- Conceited letter (uncertain)

Illu Bohjna Windurst Woods (H6-I6)

3x Crawler Calculai (600 gil)

he also takes Crawler Silk, but you get much more selling this on the AH

Nanaa Mihgo Windurst Woods (J3)

4x Yagudo Nekkies (200 gil)

Ambrosius Windurst Walls (J12 near AH)

- Muddy Bar tab
- Torn Epistle
- Old Postcard
- Damp Envelope

Pays for number of items traded at once, 50 gil for one, 150 for 2, 250 for 3 and 500 for all 4

Tapoh Windurst Woods (I8-I7)

2x Remi Shells (uncertain)

Moreno Toeno Windurst Waters (Aurastery)

- 2-leaf Mandragora bud
- Bird Feather

250 gil when trading in both

I am aware that some of these sell for the same or more on the AH, but if you want instant cash and as you only have 7 auction slots i find them useful for moving my unwanted loot.

B

BlitheringIdiot

Originally posted by Faeldawn
- Conceited letter (uncertain)

5000g, I got one of these when I played one of my 'test characters' whilst waiting for a Bismarck WP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom