Moksi BM movie preview :)

Profion

Fledgling Freddie
A bit dark i couldent see any of the night fights, its maby me that have bad codecs or smt that makes it dark.

Eluvia

Fledgling Freddie
Septina said:
10 min 'teaser'? :p why not just release the entire movie as it is when its done instead of every person making movies these days throw out 5, 10, 15 min 'previews' of the movie.

Because sept i wanted to use up all the footage that was either too dark or too bad grps to use in proper movie while i was bored yesterday :) And even though its dark profion u can see everything thats going on unless you dont have up to date xvid or low brightness on monitor

Himse

FH is my second home
you play ok, just i thought it was shit that you don't use the backchain. :|

i put it straight into my recycle bin.

Chamie

Loyal Freddie
Are u turning around with keyboard or smth btw mate? ;o
Looks like u turn around at same speed everytime.

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
I rox in that movie ;) coulda added the third fight on that hill when the first mid grp came back while we were resting at the fop after the first fight! :)

Nighttime wasn't so bad I could see all the clips in the movie easily enough at least.

Otherwise nice enough, good playing, the clips might have been good enough to use in an 'actual' movie, could maybe have saved them for then, but nothing wrong with a shorter than usual movie either I guess!

Septina

Part of the furniture
Edlina said:
I rox in that movie ;) coulda added the third fight on that hill when the first mid grp came back while we were resting at the fop after the first fight! :)

Nighttime wasn't so bad I could see all the clips in the movie easily enough at least.

Otherwise nice enough, good playing, the clips might have been good enough to use in an 'actual' movie, could maybe have saved them for then, but nothing wrong with a shorter than usual movie either I guess!

If that first midgrp you're talking about is our grp you where NOT resting at the fop when we came, you where stuck up and leaving the fop just as we came over the hill.
A group that still need fop rest usually doesnt stick up and leave it.... imo. :)

Maril

Fledgling Freddie
I was roxing on a sextoy in that movie. That's why we won - just felt like making that clear :)

Septina

Part of the furniture
Maril said:
I was roxing on a sextoy in that movie. That's why we won - just felt like making that clear :)

Thats a lie, you cant rox and everyone knows it :(

Eluvia

Fledgling Freddie
Chamie said:
Are u turning around with keyboard or smth btw mate? ;o
Looks like u turn around at same speed everytime.

I use right mouse button on high DPI im just quite consistent :)

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Septina said:
If that first midgrp you're talking about is our grp you where NOT resting at the fop when we came, you where stuck up and leaving the fop just as we came over the hill.
A group that still need fop rest usually doesnt stick up and leave it.... imo. :)

Can't remember which grp it was - it was like 1 am or smth wtf do you expect :) iirc we had a fight shortly'ish after the cut out with a mid grp after we had rezzed and made a fop which you can see majsan casting in the movie. We had prly rebuffed and rested by then, can't quite remember that, like I said, it was late :p Besides, if it was you you prly wouldn't have been back already by then I'd guess, even if port keep was near.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Gotmagi said:
Nice vid, thought u looked like a dwarf in the intro :p

Hehe, I thought the same thing :) Good 'teaser' overall tho, would be nice to get a full movie asap :)

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
I quite liked it...

Especially because it's from a perspective i've not really ever played in RVR (always been the bard of a caster in fg action). Im defo glad i rolled my BM now - just have to template and ML it...

So really you've made me want to get back home for Summer to finish sorting it out! (although considering i have 3 exams this week, a week of revision, then 3 exams in 3 days - can you blame me?).

Anywho's, i look forward to the finished product! :)

//edit; im no expert (ahem, having never played a tank at RVR) but as previously mentioned, i think snow shower when behind instead of squall would suit you better :)

Not only for the damage difference covered earlier, but also because;

Snow Shower, followed by Thumderstorm has better 'bonuses' gained fromt eh styles :)

Eluvia

Fledgling Freddie
aye, thought bm movies were quite uncommon :p

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
I found it hard to see what was going on; often too dark.

Not sure why, just didn't have the impact an RVR movie should for me.

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
those of you finding it dark, change your overlay settings (In the case of nvidia: desktop right click --> properties --> settings --> advanced --> Colour Correction --> Overlay/VMR (from drop down menu) --> tweak the brightness)

ATI is similar area :)

Dallas

Fledgling Freddie
Just open with windows media player, go under view tab -> improvements -> video settings, or similar to that, then you can change brightness etc :)
(this is on danish media player, so thats my guess for an translation)

Liked the movie but guess its more fun to see yourself and own group playing, tho it could use abit editing :p looks like something made in windows movie maker..

Eluvia

Fledgling Freddie
Dallas said:
Just open with windows media player, go under view tab -> improvements -> video settings, or similar to that, then you can change brightness etc :)
(this is on danish media player, so thats my guess for an translation)

Liked the movie but guess its more fun to see yourself and own group playing, tho it could use abit editing :p looks like something made in windows movie maker..

made it in vegas and i made it with 30 mins of experience with the software, and video editing ever :p

Eluvia

Fledgling Freddie
ideas for how to make night fights brighter other than torch?>

Eluvia

Fledgling Freddie
Septina said:
Brightness filter in Vegas.

I already used the brightness filter at value 4, any more and it looked rly bad

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Eluvia said:
I already used the brightness filter at value 4, any more and it looked rly bad

Septina meant under effects there is a filter called Brightness and Contrast or something. Crank the brightness up to 1.10 - 1.20.

/edit: Maybe you meant you had it at 1.04?

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Eluvia said:

I am not sure how you did it, but in the little preview vegas it always looks brighter than it is after rendering (at least for me). One tip is to render a few seconds with 1.10 or so and see if it still looks strange. As a last resort one always try Glow effect and choose White Highlights or something. It doesnt make the screen more brighter per se but it looks fancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom