Mointer missing GREEN COLOUR !?!

V

vivacelilp

Got a seocund hand moniter since old one blew up, and what u know !!!
Turned on and it was dis-coloured , then when windows XP loaded up I tried to adjust the colour and noticed it was Red , BLACK , Blue ... not Red GREEN blue .

I "recalled" the colour and still black is missing, I am currently using an Nvida Geforce 4 ti 4600 card and latest Detonater drivers.

V

vivacelilp

erm i posted this for help not to be told what i alrdy relised !!

T

tris-

your monitor is fucked :p how many times do i need to tell you.

O

old.Jeriraa

There is 3 cathode rays in that thingy... 1 for each color. Guess 1 of the emitters is broken. Gratz, you wasted your money.
Maybe it's just a soldering point or something but a CRT isnt really a thing a "noob" should touch. :) 50kV on the tube... you touch the wrong part --> toast.

O

old.Morchaoron

dont get yourself one-shotted by that monitor, trust me you wont be able to /release then...

D

Danya

Tbh once a monitor breaks like that it's not worth repairing, just get a new one.

A

Ardrias_Mid

Try, worst thing that happens is you survive :)

V

vestax

Make sure you do it while standing in a bath full of water as well, it helps concentration.

O

old.Bubble

Originally posted by vestax
Make sure you do it while standing in a bath full of water as well, it helps concentration.

thats advice from an IT pro :)

O

old.Dillinja

The monitor on my second PC was like that too. Best to just pick up a sledgehammer from your shed, smash it to pieces, and buy a new one.

V

vivacelilp

Hmm
I will , will look for new one tonite.
It's gonna get one hell of a bang on its head when I find an replacement.

V

vivacelilp

hmm WTF ???
I was surfing then net then the screen flicked, then green just reappeared, then 2 minutes later it went , then came back its still on 10 mins later.
Hmm anyone think its a fixable problem them or what ?
and i did NOTHING didnt even bang the screen or fuck all just came on ALL on its own .

O

old.Jeriraa

Sounds like a bad solder point... when electronic devices (not made with SMD technology) age this happens... but like I said, a CRT is nothing you wanna touch if you aint 100% sure what you are doing.
I got a broken TV set here taking dust for like a half year now. I know that only a part of the low voltage power supply is broken. I know I could find out wich and replace it since I got all the tools you need for that. Still I didnt touch the damn thing yet. Gotta wait for the day I feel like dieing. The tube should be discharged by now but I once got nearly eletrocuted when upgrading some Olivetti PC thingy wich had an uncased power scoure. I touched a capacitor with a screwdriver and a split second later I was lying on the floor 2 meters away with my heart beating a very odd rythm. (Thats been only 230V.) Since back then I dont trust anything cappable of holding large charges of electric energy. :D

My advice: Throw the thing away. Getting it repaired by a techie will cost you more than getting a new one. (At least here in Germany where they charge you alot for shit like that.)

G

Graknak

.. or you could hold a magnet close to it until you get the right colours ^^
but i agree with Jeri, try to buy a new one and ask for them to show it in action first before buying ;)

O

old.Morchaoron

Originally posted by Derric
My TV blew up once too. :)

happend to me too while i was watching it..... ohno wait that was the mirror....

O

old.Baritone

Just check the monitor lead, Ill put money on it that one of the pinns is bent..

S

Serbitar

Originally posted by old.Baritone
Just check the monitor lead, Ill put money on it that one of the pinns is bent..

Sounds about right, I had the same problem with a red pin that was bent and the red showed black, pair of tweezers will do the job

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom