MOHAA and XP?

S

Sawtooth

I've managed to actually play the game just past the Omaha beach level. One thing thats really annoying is the game crashes a lot. Anyone else experiencing this? Funnily enough Ive had no probs with RTCW or Q3 to date so me thinks its this particular game?

Saw

O

old.Triggers3d

mine works ok.

1g Ahtlon, 512mb 133mhzSDRAM, GF2 mx200 32mbSDRAM(overclocked 233mhz core 190mhz mem /Powerstrip 3/) - Det. 23.11 nVidia drivers. Win XP Pro. Gigabyte GA-7ZM mobo - Via 4n1 437va drivers.

:)

M

MrChumble

I've not had any trouble. I'd suggest the usual courses of action: latest game patch, latest graphics/sound/motherboard drivers etc.

O

old.theKeeper

i've had few crashes here & there, nowt major though.
just reload and its fine...

:sleeping:

S

Sar

No crashes at all, and I'm using XP.

Probably gfx card driver probs...

O

old.The Nullifier

during the game is ok - but when I exit the game sometimes my system dies and reboots, thats not good for an NT based O/S :(

S

Sar

GfX card drivers it sounds like then. Try updating them :)

O

old.UK-Hudson

Hey mate.

I use to have a problem with XP and Q3 engine based games, and I was pullin' my hair out for ages trying to track it down.:uhoh:

What it was in the end was this. I use an Exox 8K7A+ mobo, and it was the friggin bios version. I simply flashed to the latest bios version and no more problems, been stable (relatively) for ages now. The symptoms were a 'hanging' screen and then a message saying cannot recover from application crap, but no more now :)

I don't know but definitely try all the latest drivers, as suggested by them up there, but DONT FORGET the bios - cos that was what it was on mine !!!!

cu

F

FuZor

Hasnt crashed once :)

and i'm back on 98 for various reasons... but its fine on 98 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom