Mods & Patches

A

Anasyn

Wouldn't it be easier to have a sticky with all of the most popular mods and latest patches, much like the one in the Technical forum where they have links to various bits of software and drivers, oh, and list their file size? Layout looking maybe something like:

Battlefield 1942 Patch 1.45:- (100Mb) [note, I can't remember the size atm]
<direct link to patch on BW FTP>
<Official website link, ie battlefield1942.com>

Desert Combat Mod 0.4:- (150Mb) [god only knows the size]
<direct link to download on BW FTP>
<Official mod site link, ie desertcombat.com>

Just a suggest, what do the rest of you think?

S

stant0s

I think u have far too much time on your hands

A

Anasyn

if I had THAT much time, I wouldn't care how big the files I'm downloading are, even on 56k :p

S

stant0s

Ahh ya see, ya took time to think of that pointless reply.

I'm right, you're wrong - hurrah

S

stant0s

and sorry, to answer your question - I do think its a good idea, although I rarely read these forums, im sure lots of happy people do.

A

Anasyn

Well that must mean that you have even more time on your hands, seeing as you replied to the pointless replay AND gloated.

I believe that makes me right and you wrong :whip:

S

stant0s

Actually as u replied to my reply of your reply, it's you who is wrong, and me who's right - so put that in ya pipe and smoke it!

B

Brass Monkeys

and Im replying .. stop it :) .. why dont ya settle this on the battlefield.

A

Anasyn

hard to settle on the battlefield, both in the same clan ;)
even harder to settle in the bedroom, cos he has a missus (god knows how)

anyway, I was bored, and tired, so it's finished now, lets get back to the matter at hand, what do you guys think of the suggestion?

A

Anasyn

Yeah, just add the file sizes please so I know whether it's worth downloading or not?

N

Neural Network

Don't you need to update the files on the ftp-server or replace the links? Most of the mod versions listed in the thread are out dated.

A

Anasyn

Originally posted by adams901
updated

Cheers for that dude :great:

I now know that I won't be playing DC for at least... ohh... 4 months cos even the update is too big to download

A

adams901

update is good in some ways and bad in others, overall I guess it makes the game better.

I just dont like the fact planes can shoot down my chopper within seconds, the planes can slow down to stupid slow speeds and you dont stand a chance.

guess its time i left the choppers and become an anti armour troop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom