Modern day slave labour

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
If true then there needs to be a public enquiry, bussed in from far away and having to sleep rough? Heads will roll.

SilverHood

FH is my second home

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
...and wasn't it one coach that arrived at 3am instead of 5am? So a single coach load of people arriving two hours early, meaning that people had to wait in the "cold" for two hours. Oh the horror!

I would look for community work if I was on the dole too, fair play to them. Unlucky the driver fucked it up.

Nice how the Guardian twists it though, what a terrible newspaper. Are any of them credible any more?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
If true then there needs to be a public enquiry, bussed in from far away and having to sleep rough? Heads will roll.

Why an expensive Public Inquiry? It is a privately owned security firm. If they broke the law then they should be charged accordingly and then a decision made if their Olympic contracts should be given to another company.

Public Inquiries are mostly motivated for political reasons and a complete waste of public money. Look at the Leveson Inquiry months of expensive suits interviewing half the celebrities in the UK and from abroad for what? Just so the politicians are not seen to be making a decision. They know that the papers need oversight and that it cannot be from Parliament. Self governing oversight from the news media is not acceptable. Do we really need to spend 855k (Jul-Oct) + 1,993k (Nov-Jan) to come up with a working idea acceptable to the public?

Side tracked somewhat but I hope you see the point :)

Link for costs on Leveson Inquiry

Ormorof

FH is my second home
im just amazed that they agreed to sleep under a bridge... cos that seems like a fair and reasonable thing to do as an employee o_O

soze

I am a FH squatter
So was it a case of bus arrived early so the boss told those that wanted a couple of hours shut eye to sleep under the bridge? If so then who really cares. It is pathetic that the news have managed to make a story of this. Do "the public" really think they should of magicked up 4 star hotels from nothing?

rynnor

Rockhound
So was it a case of bus arrived early so the boss told those that wanted a couple of hours shut eye to sleep under the bridge? If so then who really cares. It is pathetic that the news have managed to make a story of this. Do "the public" really think they should of magicked up 4 star hotels from nothing?

Yeah - and reading the article most of the complaints seem weather related - soaking wet, muddy campsite etc. etc.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
exactly what i was thinking.

or did none of them have the gumption to say, "er, hang on a minute, its 3 in the morning and theres noone here to meet us. Can you sort out somewhere for us to go for a coffee/sit down" before the bus buggered off?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
exactly what i was thinking.

or did none of them have the gumption to say, "er, hang on a minute, its 3 in the morning and theres noone here to meet us. Can you sort out somewhere for us to go for a coffee/sit down" before the bus buggered off?

Gumption? No, they didn't want to complain because once on Work Programme you can have your benefits suspended should the work provider finger you as a trouble maker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom