Moderators please read this post - undocumented reg page failure since friday

O

old.Jable

the registration page on daoc-home isnt working - it allows you to enter all the information then the validate button does nothing.

no one has said anything about it and the sticky post from zargar asks for account names, which is one step beyond the stage the page currently gets to.

please, any info would be good, especially anything that says goa is aware of the problem.

note: this is specifcally the registration page for new accounts, not to register copies of SI only, althought as stated in my other thread, i dont know whether the other is down as well. some people have certainly stated they have had problems just registering SI.

http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50037

F

Flimgoblin

I doubt the moderators can do anything about it...

the big-glowy-named-GMs might be able to prod someone if they read here :) but unlike some of us they're not here 24 hours a day.

(they may look like moderators but they're not really... just given that status so we can be sure they're genuine)

Have you sent a report via RightNow?

F

Flimgoblin

might help if you post a more concise description of the problem than:

It's broken!

Still broken!

nt!

where does it break? clicking 'register' gets me a form to fill in with personal details...

O

old.Jable

i have tried sending a report to rightnow but my password isnt letting me in. i had the same problem a while ago, and still have the email from goa giving me my new account support password - i really cant understand whats up with it. ive tried all combinations of game/support/subscription password and usernames but it isnt happening.

maybe some other helpful person could send a message on our behalf... from what was said quite a few people without 1st accounts want to register.

O

old.Jable

it allows you to enter all your information, then you get to a screen where it shows you the information you entered and asks you to validate it or modify it.

neither button does anything.

both buttons point to http://billing.camelot-europe.com/www/subscript4.php#

as the previous pointed to subscript3.php and subscript2.php before it.

on friday and saturday this wasnt the case - there was simply a page stating that the registration page was under maintenance. as that was the only information given, a post saying"its broken" and "its still broken" seemed appropriate.

F

Flimgoblin

hrm strange..

rightnow uses the original support password you were given - for some reason updates don't change it...

that or I _think_ you can use your CD-KEY ... could be wrong.

As it's a registration issue (since your brother can't use rightnow yet himself) you could email subscription@goa.com?

A

Apathy

Instead of pressing the Validate button, press the Return key on your keyboard.

Can't find a decent picture of a keyboard Return key, sorry.

a.

O

old.Jable

i just received an email from zargar asking me for more info. maybe some news will be forthcoming.

F

Flimgoblin

think that only works if there's an input box - is thre anything within the form you can find to submit with a 'return'

(it looks like it's IE being stupid and not responding to Form.submit() as it does from time to time or someone's missed a bit of javascript - pressing enter automagically submits the form (without activating anything on the submit buttons or image inputs of course... *grumbles*) )

A

Apathy

The little highlighted "Validate" text didn't do anything for me. Pressing the "Return" "key" did.

a.

O

old.Jable

ok ill give it anther go and press enter instead. ive been using opera and IE to do this btw.

O

old.Jable

it worked.

opera wasnt happy but in IE i could click the validate button.

i got my passy and username straight away and ive been able to log in.

strange that it didnt work when i tried yesterday, but now im in, i can stop posting status reports here and get back to enjoying my favorite game :)

A

Apathy

That's right, Flimgoblin...log off and hide.

a.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by ApathyEndymion
That's right, Flimgoblin...log off and hide.

a.

mm? I didn't logoff I went to a meeting...

Coo Opera was being stupid for a change :) Usually IE that gets that bug for me..

And if you cared to read his post he wasn't trying to validate SI - he had to use the button (rather than pressing enter on the Subscription info page which does work, you're quite right)

Users who are viewing this thread