TV Mock the week

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Anyone watch this tonight

There was a flashed warning about bad language or something that may shock... they never do this and the only thing i can see was a half joke about jimmy saville and not being able to make jokes about it .. nothing else struck me as out of the ordinary

do they really need to cover themselves this much but a non joke about not being able to say anything ?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
MTW has gone down hill since Frankie Boyle left, it used to be quite dark at times, but now it's a bit cheesy, in a way.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
There is currently no "alternative" comedy on British television.

Mock The Week is very mainstream.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
all because of ross and brand imo
You can't really blame them tbh, It's just a bit silly when you live in such a PC society where comedians can't even make a joke any more, Look at stuff from 20 years ago or even less, fuck me, they'd have a massive law suit after a lot of them.

When Boyle made this joke;
View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6kwXdA78I8
there was a fucking huge uproar about it, so many people were talking about it with me, (because I love the guy) and every response was HOW DARE HE MAKE SUCH COMMENTS, well, hang on, he's made even worse jokes in the past generally about disabilities etc, but now some celebrity has decided to moan about it, everyone cares? - Fuck off, with going to comedy shows, I say what you don't know doesn't hurt you.

It's a real real shame too, because obviously, more people are going to see the mainstream comedians, who don't want to pass certain borders, and most of the are pretty shit, apart from Peter Kay ;)

I mean, I watch Russell Howard every now and again, and I think to myself, this guy is actually not very good, he does a view gestures, and a view voices, that's about it? - he's not really genuinely funny imo.

I saw Brian O'Dara (Sp?) on a different programme the other day, and fuck me, his humour was so dark it was unreal.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Heh Frankie Boyle, I don't like him because he's funny per say... more because he just doesn't give a fuck what people think, there is no topic off-limits to him.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Dara is quite good, got a couple of live shows which are both damn funny. Frankie is good; I won't deny having a laugh watching him but it irks me a little that some people have to resort to "shock humour" to get a laugh. Take away the dark side of Frankie and is there much left to laugh at?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom