Mobo recommendations

B

Big G

All,

Best mobo for running a 3000+ or 3200+ with 1Gb PC3200 ram in dual channel mode (for 200 MHz fsb)?

I currently aiming at the Abit AN7 nForce2 over the Asus A7N8X (i've had some serious problems with that motherboard before due to corrupt BIOS settings), unless anyone has any other suggestions?

Cheers

G

S

Stazbumpa

I got an A7N8X deluxe and the only gripe I got with it is that it doesn't seem to like my Terratec sound card, lots of squeeks and pops. Apart from that its pretty good, the over clocking options being rather nice.

Have you looked at the KT600 boards? I hear they are more compatable with other hardware.

B

Big G

Originally posted by Stazbumpa
Have you looked at the KT600 boards? I hear they are more compatable with other hardware.

Via :puke:

I hear good things of the nforce2 and I quite fancy the onboard dolby digital encoding (for when doom3 comes out) as well as decoding.

G

M

ManDevil

I've just upgraded my PC and am now using an Abit NF7-S V2 motherboard (£70), seems very good no problems with it at all (it's a good board for overclocking too).

Running mine with a 2500+ @ 3200+ speeds (£70) & 1GB of TwinMOS PC3200 (£100). And a Hercules 9800SE AIW (£160) (softmodded using hacked drivers to a 9800PRO).

Runs my games nice and fast now full detail. Not bad for £400
:D

S

Stazbumpa

nForce2 boards are supposed to be great I agree, but they have compatability problems and my board is one of them :(

*waves at Wij*

yup, I'm still alive (just) :)

K

Krazeh

I got an Asus A7N8X Deluxe, not had any probs with it but then again the only things plugged into it are the drives, ram, cpu and my geforce card.
Got everythin ya gonna need from 2 ethernet ports to SATA Raid controller, and it overclocks nicely. Got my 2500+ to 3000+ speeds but the cooling I have at the moment is crap so I don't wanna push it anymore till I get better cooling.

X

xane

VIA chipsets are okay as long as they have an "A" on the end.

Why are you using a soundcard with the Deluxe ? The built in sound is excellent, free up a PCI slot for yourself !

J

Jupitus

*Final attempt*

If you know someone who is handy with hardware and a soldering iron I have an Intel D864GLC micro ATX mobo sitting here going for nothing (nada, zilch, free, gratis, zip etc etc etc). I knocked a component at the rear end of the AGP slot and I think it bwoke but never got round to doing a cheeky refund from the provider.

It boots and runs but gave me some stability issues, but it may be fine for you if you want to try it.

It's going in the bin if noone wants it soon.

Users who are viewing this thread