Mobile Phone/Contract question? Legal?

Gray

FH is my second home
Well i acidentally came across a website which has reignited my interest in maybe getting a new handset/contract since im an o2 employee now.

Anyway, i thought "wait a tick... now i am an employee, i get 50% of all tariffs/handsets with the o2 Network... Saving me quite a bit!"

For instance (In no way am i going for this handset anyway but..)

The Nokia 6230, o2 200 Tariff : Handset cost : FREE, Line Rental : £30pm

Now that means for me its a free handset, and £15pm line rental yes?

The idea of the site there which i liked was, it also did the lazy work and calculated up the line rental and handset charge already.

So for the average - none o2 employee the handset would be £170, meaning for me it would be £85.

That means any o2 employee could take up that offer presumably, cut up the SIM Card and sell it brand new in the box for £150-200 and then pay off the contract.

I mean?!?! Is that legal you think???

Sar

Part of the furniture
You're bound to a 12 month contract - that's 12 x 15 = £180.

You've already spent £85 on it = £265 total.

You're selling it for £200 - a net loss of £65...

DOH!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I'm pretty sure Gray means the contract works out to £170 a year, he just can't multiply very well.

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Gray

I'd check the small print of the contract first, as there may well be some clause against it. Note also the phone would likely be locked to the 02 network and perhaps branded 02 as well. Depending on the phone on offer, I think many would rather pay the same or a little more and get a SIM free version without any locks or branding (me personally, at any rate).

Kind Regards

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Fortunetly for Gray, ebay is full of people unlike you Jonty :)

You can sell pay as you go phones for more than the retail price, heh :)

Gray it's an easy phone to unlock, and as long as you are paying the contract o2 don't care.

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
hehe, right you are Ch3tan :) You can buy the 6230 for ~£185, though, so you wouldn't be making much profit Gray (unless as Ch3tan says people aren't aware and pay whatever they think is a good deal :)).

Good luck with it all

Gray

FH is my second home
Dont know what went wrong with the calculations :/

But then i relised "well.. if i keep the contract 6 months i could then change tariff to about £8 pm, meaning its going to be around £140 if after the 6mth period i change it...

Could be a small profit...

But as i say, it wasnt completely on that handset, more a newer one, like D500+++

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
d500 you could sell for 250 quite easily, but hurry. They are starting to appear at that price new and offline (well the ugly silver one is).

Gray

FH is my second home
yeah.. i may do it :/ maybe maybe maybe

I checked the XDA II-S out, damn sexy phone, fucking huge though, but i feel like i wanna try out a PDA so i may go for a personal one, and maybe sell on the other one, for the year it should cost me £200 per account, and i can see theyre going for roughly £350+ at the moment

Hmmmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom