Mmorpg

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Whats the latest online games apart from Daoc, ofc theres wow etc, Any other that could be listed,

Thanks.

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Latest as in old and lasting mmorpgs or latest as in new ones recently made?

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Well, Ones that are still popular, new or old.. just looking for something new to play.

And holy shit, you replyed in like a second ;p

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Guildwars is semi-good. Requires some good determination to play like most other games. It really can't be decided in under a week if you like it or not.

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
D+D online looks very good, deffo gonna give that a bash - hopefully i'll get into beta.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Stay off the mmo´s they are bad ;)

Atleast im unemployed right now so I have an excuse :D

Backinjurys is bad mmk

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
Dark and Light is just released or is still in beta.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I'd love to see a MMORPG set in Raymond E Feist's world
(read Magician, Darkness at Sethanon, and Silverthorn)

Can't stand D&D

Would love a Call of Cthulhu game

Will continue with DAOC until hopelessly bored with it

Keata

Fledgling Freddie
Staying with DAoC till Warhammer online hits the streets..

DnL is out, but it sux, my cussin is playing it atm through his preorder.. baad..

WoW - been there done that

DnD - Dunno mush about it, signed up for beta tho.. dont think it will get me off daoc..

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
Neocron2 has just released a graphical update with the version 2.1

but it can be a weird and hard game to approach due to the hardcore playerbase that hate everyone else in the world.

its a wicked game thou and I love it, but due to some major bugs and daoc being funnier, I left neocron.

but neocron got drugs, sex, all the weapons you can imagine, vehicles etc etc

and they run a no more elves campaign :D

www.no-more-elves.com

Outlander

Part of the furniture
MadsKaizer said:
Neocron2 has just released a graphical update with the version 2.1

but it can be a weird and hard game to approach due to the hardcore playerbase that hate everyone else in the world.

its a wicked game thou and I love it, but due to some major bugs and daoc being funnier, I left neocron.

but neocron got drugs, sex, all the weapons you can imagine, vehicles etc etc

and they run a no more elves campaign :D

www.no-more-elves.com
sex without elves is like a bad nightmare! :eek6:

Zdeath

Banned
I'll say one thing.

Prepare for a big shock if you think you can find something out there more addictive and exciting as daoc - I tried to quit, for a new game - got a big shock.

Although, if you wait long enough, you'll get fed up and with the new games coming out like warhammer etc, you will want to try them.

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
Well... Wow? Nah.. It jsut got boring..

Lineage2? yay kill mobs in crap armor before you get tha high level and game starts.

Guildwars? Well... I guess I might try it because there is no monthly fee.

Daoc? Why is this PvP system so good and making me come back all the time??

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
If you want the the best PvP/RvR experience you stick to DAoC.

Otherwise EVE online is an excellent game

Zdeath

Banned
Drucken said:
Well... Wow? Nah.. It jsut got boring..

Lineage2? yay kill mobs in crap armor before you get tha high level and game starts

Sounds familiar...

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
LordjOX said:
If you want the the best PvP/RvR experience you stick to DAoC.

Otherwise EVE online is an excellent game

I would say that PvP in Eve is on a par with DAoCs, but its a lot harder to access and requires more preparation. Its also a lot less forgiving and certainly not a game for anyone who isn't prepared to learn from losing.

Eve easily wins the best MMO universe award, simply because of the way the actions of players impact on the game. As much as taking keeps and relics in DAoC is fun, it lacks the significance and permanence of battles over territory that Eve has.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
thats what i found with EVE.

its totally unforgiving and its too grueling when your starting out, and its fucking complicated too man... like the pace of the game is soooooo slow even though its has a cool feeling about it, 95% of your time is spent just travelling, and I hate the way like you leave items in a space station and you have to go back their to get them etc, no vault system or anything, means you have to have like a base and operate their.... its quite a cold game and really only for the sci - fi space types I think.

I dabbled with it... like spent maybe 20 hours over the course of a week building up a decent ship and like weapons systems and stuff like that... was doing a mission and when passing through a low sec zone got blown up and lost everything... I sort of though fuck that.

missions mining and some pvp, thats about all it was to me.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
censi said:
thats what i found with EVE.

its totally unforgiving and its too grueling when your starting out, and its fucking complicated too man... like the pace of the game is soooooo slow even though its has a cool feeling about it, 95% of your time is spent just travelling, and I hate the way like you leave items in a space station and you have to go back their to get them etc, no vault system or anything, means you have to have like a base and operate their.... its quite a cold game and really only for the sci - fi space types I think.

I dabbled with it... like spent maybe 20 hours over the course of a week building up a decent ship and like weapons systems and stuff like that... was doing a mission and when passing through a low sec zone got blown up and lost everything... I sort of though fuck that.

missions mining and some pvp, thats about all it was to me.

Remember that EVE is definitely not a game for soloers. I agree it's well hard in the start, but if you stay away from low security sectors you can manage pretty well solo. The whole point of EVE is teamwork. Joining a corp if vital for advancing through the game, dedication is important aswell. Also requires maybe a few weeks of work from you aswell, as the most organized corporations don't take slackers on for a free ride. (most have 1mill skillpoint , maturity, dedication and teamwork as obligatory requirements)

I totally agree that EVE is the most unforgiving MMO out there, it's kind of like our own world. People that work hard for profit, people that steal others profit, people that blow other people up so others can make profit, people that are idealists and want a peaceful universe etc...

And about your hard earned ship being blown up... yes it's harsh, but it's also why it works so well.
Some people play the game because they think it's fun to mine/manufacture/trade/pvp etc... it's something for everyone, and everyone are dependant of eachother. The manufacturers need the miners so they can get materials for ships, equipment, ammunition.... The traders need items to move... The PvP'ers need a constant supply of ships, equipment and ammunition from the manufacturers.... And so it goes on :)

Also another interesting thing about EVE is that there are almost no limitations for what you can do... I read a thread on the EVE boards that a mercenary corporation infiltrated a corporation, gained it's trust and then looted the corporate hangar for hundreds of millions of ISK in valuables. (kind of like joining a guild in DAoC, then taking all items in the guild vault and taking all the cash in the guild bank)
This mercenary corporation was hired by their client to do this, nothing more.

Just shows one of the many many possibilities :)

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
www.mmorpg.com is the best resource out there for new and existing mmorpgs.

The one im looking forward to and praying paramount stays clear is Startrek online. Although they have said its not going to have pvp (yet) its going to a be a proper roleplay game.

But if paramount get involved and start waving the startrek bible like they have done in nearly every single startrek game (elite force being one of the few they didnt). It will probbly go the way of Galaxies A core of Startrek geeky fans that demand you delete your vulcan if you dont say "thats ilogical human" every 30 seconds. Personally im going to have a medic and just macro "He's Dead <targe> jim" :D

eve like censi says is involving its not the sort of game you can pick up and then 10 minutes later be involved in everything its the sort of game thats good if you have a bit of time dont like grinding (although trading/mining/hunting might be seen as grinding) you can litterally log on say hi and then log on in a days time and be 1 skill up.

however the pvp aspect of eve is really really unforgiving with most people pod killing. which is basically if your in a ship and it gets blown up or you have to eject due to ransoming (where a pirate asks for money or they blow up your ship) you eject in your pod at which point if they shoot you again you blow up and they can basically take your frozen corpse as a trophy. You need to do this if you become a bounty hunter going after high target pirates (some have pirate duty of a couple of billion isk).

If you dont have an up to date clone you can loose days of skills, however if you dont want to get involved in the whole war situation then you dont have to. However dont expect pirates to ignore you if your in a crap ship sort of like the whole grey ganking issue on daoc they wont and they will kill you even if your carrying nothing.

Corporations guard some high zone teratorys and ive heard of epic battles between corps for mining rights and stuffs. Also from what i can gather there is no paid expansions instead ccp just release bonus content red moon rising has titans which cost around 61 billion isk for the blue print alone (noone has one yet they not been implemented on live server) but these ships are huge.

anywho DAOC is currently better than most mmorpgs for depth and pvp aspect, it could probbly do with its crafting system updated to be onpar with others but as it stands this is one of the better games.

Azagthoth

Fledgling Freddie
Everquest is old but still got very much people that plays and it is the best pve game out there. And has the best skill system out there.

Everquest 2 is diff from eq1, not bad at all, I liked it alot.
Go for it if you like nice graphics and a fun game.

Dark And Light is still to early to start playing that game, its got a loong way to go.

World war 2 online is a very good game. Maby alitle diff from the games that is mentioned here, no elfs and such lol :p

Saga if Ryzom. Only played it for a very short time but I got to say that the comunity there is one of the best Iv ever seen.
Alot of kind and helpfull people there.

Star Wars Galaxies. a good game :)

ok that was all I can think of atm =]

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
It's going to be ages before Warhammer is released, but I love the system. I can only hope that it translates well into a MMORPG. Until that time I will stick with DAOC I suppose.

Tried EVE, but it's too much of a time investment before you get anything back. It's 95% horserides, 4% trading and 1% fighting. (I played it through the 14 day free trial, made 2.5M ISK and got a bunch of skills and walked away without hesitation - after 14 days I had archieved exactly nothing much at all. It takes one MONTH of RL time WAITING before you get anywhere near the skills you need to be able to pilot the pretty ships. (EVE skills take RL time to train. Start training, logout and check back in two days to start another skill.)

EVE is one thing though. And that's very, very pretty.

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Azagthoth said:
Star Wars Galaxies. a good game :)

I understood that it was a good game, then the Devs nerfed it and people left in droves.

Tesla Monkor said:
It's 95% horserides, 4% trading and 1% fighting.

I'd say my eve gaming is about 60% PvE combat, 10% protecting people from Pirates, 10% trading and 20% travelling.

You do travel a lot in Eve or at least you will unless you establish a solid base of operations to do agent missions and corp based activities from. A lot of people have said that travelling made up all their Eve game playing time, but it needn't be the case if you plan accordingly.

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
Lamp said:
I'd love to see a MMORPG set in Raymond E Feist's world
(read Magician, Darkness at Sethanon, and Silverthorn)
those books are fantastic :D

back to topic:
Flyff is an Azien game quite funny.. and it's free
Clicky:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom