V

villageidiot

=====================================

Dark Age of Camelot

Test Version 1.62e Release Notes

Thursday, May 1, 2003

=====================================

MORE ARCHER NOTES

- We've adjusted the way we calculate fumbles for Archery. Archery attacks have always had fumbles calculated differently than regular melee attacks. We've reworked this part of the Archery fumble calculation to be more in line with the way melee fumbles work, meaning Archers should notice a substantial decrease in their fumble rates, somewhere on the order of 1/4 what they were.

- Camouflage timers will no longer be reset by PvE attacks. Only an attack by the Archer on another player or a pet or turret controlled by another player will reset the timer. Camouflage is designed to let the Archer scout in PvP situations, so PvE interactions should not affect its timer.

- NOTE: We have seen complaints that Archers miss their targets at a higher rate then melee fighters. Please be aware that we have run extensive tests as well as looked at the formulas and have found the miss rates for Archers and melee are the same. We will continue to look into this as more reports and logs are generated by Archers, but for now there are no miss fixes.

- NOTE: We are working on one more fix for Archers, a long awaited See Hidden adjustment. However, it is still going through testing here, and is not ready for today's version but will be ready soon. We are currently looking at a system which will vary the range that an assassin can see a non camouflaged hidden archer anywhere from 1/4 to 3/4 of the current range depending on the archer's stealth spec vs the assassin's level. On average this would mean an assassin would have to be within about 1/2 the range that he can see the archer from now. Look for more on this change soon.

if they carry on at this rate .......

:)

O

old.LandShark

If they leave minstrels out of see hidden fixage... so help me God, they're in trouble =p

W

wilddork--

mmm this is getting better and better :D but still dont make a scout

T

timberwolf

Still seems a little too generic though....

Hunters get - insta pet/charmed pet (maybe crap but they can chase you down so you cant stealth, another bug that needs to be addressed ) + buffs for them and a big pointy spear (likes Mids are short of "insta" spells...... )

Rangers get the temporary speed + buffs

Scouts get......well not much ohh no wait.... a new little hat which makes us look more like Peter Pan than Robin Hood......

A line of buffs, better stealth or something would be appreciated but Im not holding my breath......

M

Moodyard^_^

Originally posted by timberwolf
Still seems a little too generic though....

Hunters get - insta pet/charmed pet (maybe crap but they can chase you down so you cant stealth, another bug that needs to be addressed ) + buffs for them and a big pointy spear (likes Mids are short of "insta" spells...... )

Rangers get the temporary speed + buffs

Scouts get......well not much ohh no wait.... a new little hat which makes us look more like Peter Pan than Robin Hood......

A line of buffs, better stealth or something would be appreciated but Im not holding my breath......

Can you say slam?

O

old.LandShark

Well, your unique ability is shield and having fewer lines to spec in to be effective. :p Though I'm sure you'd rather have DW+pathfinding and give shield to rangers, but I suspect you might regret that at a later date :p

G

greenfingers

we are the champions, we are the champions, no time for SB's cuZ we 'r gonna wipe U, out of E-main... da da daaa ....

We 'll keep on fighting to the end... badadamm ... no time for NS's cuZ we 'r gonna nerf U, out of DAoC ....

:D

T

timberwolf

Originally posted by Moodyard^_^
Can you say slam?

slam, ooohhh ohhh I said it......

funny how a ranged toon's best or "special perk" is a melee option....

F

Flimgoblin

they improved blocking in 1.62 too... so that's handy for scouts :)

W

wilddork--

slam gets evaded like 4 times before it lands thats like 75% of your end..

M

Merl

Originally posted by greenfingers
we are the champions, we are the champions, no time for SB's cuZ we 'r gonna wipe U, out of E-main... da da daaa ....

We 'll keep on fighting to the end... badadamm ... no time for NS's cuZ we 'r gonna nerf U, out of DAoC ....

:D

LOL :)

E

Ekydus

Originally posted by wilddork--
slam gets evaded like 4 times before it lands thats like 75% of your end..

Aye, it gets on my nerves and i'm a Paladin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom