MMMMM Pie!

D

Delket

Well everyone likes pie, everyone in the world
But what pie flavour is best?

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I like meat pies best.. yum. Or pumpkin pie... ahh... pie...

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

You can't buy pie in Finland. Only saunas and vodka.

S

SFXman

Hmm, vodka... I hate that shit. Just hand me a damn beer and I'll be fine. Yes, some of my relatives make pie sometimes but I don't like any of them :p

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

What about saunas? Never been in one... what is it like?
Anyone here with sauna experience??

O

old.LandShark

Filling is merely a distraction from the truly real pie experience.

S

SFXman

Saunas are great. Drinking beer in a sauna can get you very very drunk, noticed that on a few occasions.
All people like different temperatures, ranging from 80C to 120-130C. I myself prefer a temperature of around 100C. Just don't pass out in a sauna... you can actually dehydrate completely and die.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

130°C? Holy fuck... lol... can you say 'hardboiled eggs'?

S

SFXman

Really, the only time when it feels very hot is when you throw water on the stove (whatever the fuck you'd call it in english), because then the moisture in the sauna rises and that is what makes it hot. Now if it was as humid in the sauna as it is regularily outside, then you would pretty much die in there but of course that is not the case. The sauna dries up a lot when it reaches high temperatures like 130C for example... sometimes if you throw a LOT of water on the stove (let's just call it that) then you simply can't sit in there anymore because it begins to burn (pretty much).
Americans never believe any finn who says they go over 100C or something.... thus a sauna in the US or elsewhere like the UK/Ireland etc. is at a practically useless 60C or something. Plus the funny thing is that they have fucking age limits ont eh saunas?! I mean ROTFLMAO! They think it is a health risk which is absolutely absurd, especially at a measly 60-70C...
I was in a sauna the first time at the age of 2 weeks, and many other finns have been in saunas before they were even 1 year old.
Message to the non-sauna parts of the world:
It is not dangerous. You can raise the temperature to 100C np. Take off the freaking age limits. Chill.

O

old.tRoG

how did we get from pie to saunas?

anyway, steak pie is TEH R0XX0R!!!11

never been in a sauna, closest ive got is cranking up the power-shower heat to bar 10 :)

D

Delket

How about a new business enterprise

Sauna Pies

Where people come to eat pie in a sauna?

O

old.tRoG

damn, thats a good idea!

but we'de have to supply beer too. lots of beer.

O

old.tRoG

bring on the pie! *cheers*

bring on the sauna! *cheers*

bring on the beer! *cheers*

bring on the naked women! *cheers*

bring on the joy! *cheers*

I

ivan_tribbiani

Originally posted by sickofit...
What about saunas? Never been in one... what is it like?
Anyone here with sauna experience??

<<< Has a sauna and he aint a finn :)
Sauna is the best thing to do when its snowing outside, Spend 20 mins in 110 degrees tehn run out and roll round in snow.... such a rush and rather refreshing

As for vodka being associated with Finland ...... Wake up..... Drink Best Russland has to offer.

I

ivan_tribbiani

And Apple pie comes second to Lady pie :)
MON THEN Gimme some pie....

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by ivan_tribbiani

<<< Has a sauna and he aint a finn :)
Sauna is the best thing to do when its snowing outside, Spend 20 mins in 110 degrees tehn run out and roll round in snow.... such a rush and rather refreshing

www.find-a-psychiatrist.com
I am sure someone can help you ;)

T

Troryn

never tried it, the snow part that is, but I know its done, they also do it in Iran (in the mountains where there is snow), my suspicion however, WHAT did they inhale those that invented running out into the snow bare naked?

;)

I

ivan_tribbiani

Originally posted by Troryn
never tried it, the snow part that is, but I know its done, they also do it in Iran (in the mountains where there is snow), my suspicion however, WHAT did they inhale those that invented running out into the snow bare naked?

;)

Mmmmm i think they were crazy Russians and drinking vodka in litres :) Thats the way we usually do it anyhow :)

V

Venemous

Real men dont eat quiche.... Hairy Pie for Me, Hairy Pie for My Tea.....

F

Flimgoblin

SFXMan - is that the temperature of the coals?

Or the room temperature? :) I imagine it's the former...

F

Flimgoblin

And the best pies are Killie pies! (as served at the matches)

Mmmmm dogfood(ok, mince) pie.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Fingoniel
SFXman - is that the temperature of the coals?
100-130 (120 is usually the max people use, unless you count hardcore sauna users) is perfectly normal for the actual room temperature of a sauna.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom