Mm2

O

old.job

I have been known to moan before about, how poor DAOC looks even at SI level, compared to other games.
this is a screenie from Motorcross Madness2, the game is about 4 yrs old, all vegetation has collision detection, the bike rider has full shadows, the view distance is about 3X that of DAOC, it is an online game, and runs at about 150fps on my machine at 1600x1200. The mountains in the distance are climbable and they are about the distance from TirnBeo to Druim Ligen away, and the bike is positioned in the middle of the zone.
You can ride anywhere at speeds of up to 100mph. with no slow down whatsoever. Other zones have thousands of trees, moving vehicles, and cause no slowdown.
WTF is it with the netimmerse engine?
new-1.jpg

B

Belsameth

this discussion was had before.

stick in 60 other bikes with the same detail as the one showing and you'll see how fast that engine is :)

O

old.job

You can have 20 bikes and it still runs like a dream, I haven't played online, but my computer runs at about 20fps in SI with just me on the screen, and I've got a gforce4

new-2.jpg

Every bike is pushing out it's own, full particle dirt spray from the back wheel, and they remain visible till down to 1 pixel.
Viewed up close they all have full working suspension and spinning wheels with spokes, also there is complete light shading on all objects.
I do believe the net-immerse engine needs an overhaul.

S

SFXman

Content over purtyness and imho daoc has great content.

O

old.job

True SFX, I don't play it cos it's boring, looks fantastic, but nothing much to do but race, great for a 10 min blast. I just wish DAOC was as smooth.

T

Tasans

Daoc engine has much more to take into consideration than some bikes who have preset behaviour. IE Ever tried casting an aoe spell inside a zerg? Even with all settings to min my screen froze from the data i got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom