ML's.....really worth it??

Riotsz

Fledgling Freddie
iev just got ML 2 a couple o weeks ago but they were so incredibly boring. From what i can see the pay-offs just dont seem to be good enough to merit a night of sheer boredom. The thing is if youve not got em, no-one takes u seriously :(

What u guys think?

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe if you "cba" then this isn't your kind of game.

Achilles

One of Freddy's beloved
What vlad said. Get past ML4 and its easy sailing.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I'd say it depends what you want, and what you're doing, and what characters you play.

On some (eg Clerics and Perfector) it makes a HUGE difference to your effectiveness in PvE, and a significant difference in RvR. On others it makes less difference. Just look at the skills you get, and see what you think. So far I have an ML10 Banelord Merc, an ML10 Warlord Paladin, and a ML5 Perfector Cleric. It makes most difference for the cleric by far so far.

I'm not an RvR expert, but from what I've seen of them, in 8v8 RvR, the more ML's and Artifacts, the better, as slight edges count. In zerg RvR, as long as a good percentage use their ML's, most of the zerg gets the benefit (Made a fair difference to stopping a Hibbie charge when they took our relic, as I ran in and hit Warguard just as they charged. It wasn't up on their final winning charge.)

Darzil

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Sadly this game is pretty poor if your a casual player, only being on once or twice a week :(

limpit

Fledgling Freddie
you thought ML2 was boring ?? don't even attempt ML3 then :D

Riotsz

Fledgling Freddie
what do you ML10 mercs think? do u use your abilities much? i know i use my ML 1 and 2 quite alot but not very sure if the higher ML abilities are worth it, doing self dmg etc

Riotsz

Fledgling Freddie
i was in an rvr grp with evita and some guildies the other day and it was the most ive had in this game for a long, long long, long time! One o the reavers had thier "bomb" which im presuming was a ML ability, and it kicked ass. Just saying that RvR is the only thing that really appeals to me now, but if the ML's are going to make a huge difference then ill put in the effort!

Cheers for the info chaps!

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Yes, my merc is ml10 and it's one of the reason it's grouped :p

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
Banelord ML8 is tha bomb! Yes you damage yourself but ofc you have those silly clerics with you, healing your butt. You can interrupt and kill people with that shit!
Banelord ML10 banespike is also very very good.

Graendel

Fledgling Freddie
I'd say the MLs are worth it for mercenaries. You get a nifty bomb and a better chance at getting into opted groups.

But then again, I'm an ML fanatic. Or rather, I used to be.

Corran

Part of the furniture
If your not ml10 on a merc good luck with opted groups. I would always turn a non ml10 bane down if i could get a ml10 one. Makes a hell of a lot of different.. Bomb, banespike and tendrils plus loads of interupts

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
I agree..

Paladin : ml 8 for opted groups

Merc : ml 10, (8 atleast for bomb, ml 2 is also nifty, and your own RA, thing is that ml 8, need some clerics that pay attention, to what theyre doing, and umm.. well.. )

Reaver: Reaver bomb is called TornWedField (i think), and they can group pretty easy, simply because of this RA.. Bg for reaver is nifty aswell, because you get two type of chars in the same person ( bg'er, and dmg dealer) or as banelords, but as usually opted groups already have merc banelord in group, usually reavers are bg'er.. (or am I totally wrong here) BUT! imo.. paladins still make the best Bg'ers, because of End chant ( for slam) and because they use plate.. and with the upgrading of old DET, I think ( as we are also clustering) there will be a lot of opted melee groups running about, even tho when you think about it, when NF just came out, Casters was Fotm..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom