ML8 Pre-Steps: Sunday April 3rd, 14:00 GMT

Lilinallte

Fledgling Freddie
Okay, since nobody else is going for it, I'm having a go...

Up Front: I have never been leading a ML (pre) raid before, so bare with me, and also means I need all the help I can get...

Right... Putting together one group to do the Master Level 8 pre-steps: 8.4, 8.7, 8.9

Signing up in here, meeting Aerus sunday april 3rd 14:00 GMT, /bg will be up about half an hour sooner on Eiimhiir.

Normal lotto rules apply.

Don't be intimidated by the enormous turn-up here in the forums (ahum), for this can be done with two groups, or so I've understood...

Group(s) will be posted sunday morning at the latest....

Moderator(s): Please make this one stickey...

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Nice initiative mate, well done.

Going to attend with my aug shaman (marmattaja) and nahkapaska zerker, if RL permits me (GF) ^^.

Sigwyen

Fledgling Freddie
I will be there with my aug healer mirkles and hes block bot warrior Ravnkel both ml7 and in need of ml8 badly :)

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
lil - post is stuck and dont worry about the 3 steps - they are easy apart from teh chief step which can be a little unnerving if you only have 1fg with not much melee - just get a shammy to kite all the mobs when he pulls the chief and peel the named - the nameed will be dead (and you will have the drop you need) after a little kiting by a shammy perma sprinting along the zw - easy as pie m8 :)

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Ill join in with a bonedancer!:)

Ill join ya all with bd if that is okay!:)

/Charmangle

Mazzuca

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Lili:)

would like 2 attend with healer lv50 r any ml abilities required?

Mazzcub (Grey Wolves) :)

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Need steps on skald(L44) can bring any of the following for help, supp SM, aug healer(44/31) or aug sham(47/xx) :)

/Dracus

Lilinallte

Fledgling Freddie
Okay, group setup is as follows:

Group One
1. Eiimhiir (hunter) + Out of Group shaman
2. Mazzcub (healer)
3. Nahkapaska (berserker)
4. Lexia (supp. spiritmaster)
5. Mercia (supp. spiritmaster)
6. Marmattaja (aug. shaman)
7. Charmangle (bonedancer)
8. Dahman (dark. spiritmaster)

Group Two
1. Angle (supp. spiritmaster)
2. Balkeriz (aug. shaman)
3. Mirkles (aug. healer)
4. Ravnkel (warrior)
5. Miera (berserker)
6. Bufflars (aug. shaman)
7. Ciderella (runemaster)
8. Miracle-mm (dark. spiritmaster) + Out of Group buffbot

Scenario
1. Step 8.4 (Green Glades 10k 55k)
We're going to do this step two times, once for each group. The idea is to have one brave shaman pull one of the named Chiefs, and kite him and his 4 to 7 adds along the zonewall, where the group to get credit peels off and kills the Chief, and the rest concentrates on the 4 to 7 adds...

After this step, we split into two seperate groups. One group does 8.7 while the other group does 8.9
When the credit is collected, both groups swap places to do the step they need.

2. Step 8.7 (Green Glades 35k 10k)
Kill Self Maintaining Statues, until Agne's Torso drops, and credit is given.

3. Step 8.9 (Arbor Glen 13k 10k)
There's a double row of statues at this location. Trick is to (body) pull them in pairs, so one from left and one from right hand side get pulled. Once killed, move 'camp' inside and pull next set. When all statues are killed this way, move to the chest that is found just before the last 2 (4?) statues, and one from group opens chest and takes Agne's Spare Arm. There is a chance a new set of statues will pop at this moment to 'take back' the arm, so be ready to run for it:). Statues are best attacked within melee range, so they don't nuke you to bits (so casters keep in melee range...).

4. Remarks
  • Since there's two more people who applied for a spot (Jarumdo and Dracus), I would like to ask Ixoth and Sigwyen if one of their characters can be out of group. If both their characters need the presteps (and therefor need to be in-group), I would still advice Jarumdo and Dracus to come to Aerus at 14:00 GMT, just in case someone can't come and thus gives up a spot in either group.
  • I would like someone in group two to volunteer for the job of group leader, preferably someone who has done these steps before. This because we are two groups and separated from each other in steps 8.7 and 8.9
  • Step 8.4, which we do first (2x), does require some discipline from all of you. I don't very much fancy playing the little dictator like some other raid leaders tend to do, so would like to appeal to your individual common sense. If we stick to plan, this is over and done with in no time. If anyone has questions, please do ask before we start the encounter. I'd rather explain a few times extra than having to wait for a repop because we messed it up:)
  • Aiming to leave Aerus Haven shortly after 14:00 GMT, so please be on time. Battlegroup will be open from around 13:30 GMT on Eiimhiir.
  • To be honest: I have not got a clue as to what 14:00 GMT stands for in CET at the moment... Have they gone to 'summertime' already on the mainland???
Hope to see you all in good spirits in Aerus Haven!

Lilinallte

Fledgling Freddie
Well, raid went succesfully... We had to be creative in our approach, seeing not all who signed up showed up in the end (Miera being the only one who gave notice about not going to make it to raid, for which thanks...). Anyway, we did the three pre-steps with two groups, just under 2.5 hours.

I want to thank all that did show up for the raid, for their patience and good advice:) And for taking me through my maiden-voyage/raid...

Now: who's going to do a ML8 bg raid???

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Yea sorry about that mate :( wanted to show up so bad...but got held up by something irl...

/Dracus

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
xenia- said:
nice preparations lil, you should do more raids :)
having just read Lil's post I have to say I totally agree with Xen :) - looks like a very nicely planned raid. Im sure i must have some chars I can bring on your next one Lil :)

Sigwyen

Fledgling Freddie
I'm damn sry for not showing up couldn't get router fixed in time for Dynamic IP's so couldn't get pc'es on the internet sadly .. im glad u did great never the less and sry once again :)

Lilinallte

Fledgling Freddie
Sigwyen said:
I'm damn sry for not showing up couldn't get router fixed in time for Dynamic IP's so couldn't get pc'es on the internet sadly .. im glad u did great never the less and sry once again :)

No problem mate, hope you got it all fixed now:)

Sigwyen

Fledgling Freddie
Lilinallte said:
No problem mate, hope you got it all fixed now:)

Ty and aye i got it up running late last night about 22 GMT / 23 CET abit to late for Daoc so it's pay back time today :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom