ML3 Raid - Friday 21st May

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
This raid will aim to do as much as possible, but will not guarantee getting any of the pre-reqs done. Pre-reqs are :

Sub quest - killing Moughart - part of trial 3.2
Sub quest - Getting egg, sword and shaman necklace - part of trial 3.5

Start Place - Aerus Haven
Start Time - 7pm, gather. 7:15pm, start setting up groups. 7:30pm start. If you're not there by 7:15, you may not get a group.

Loot rules

Keys lottoed immediately. Rest at end. Stick to lottoer, as rolls not seen don't count. Whiners will be excluded from all drops. Questions about loot rules before 7:15pm only.

MP/99% gear, LW components, Remains - No more than one each, and not to anyone who gets a key. Priority to classes on the raid. If no one wants them, they are lottoed regardless of class.
Scrolls - No more than one each. Priority to classes on the raid. If no one wants them, they are lottoed regardless of class.
Random stuff of 98% and less quality. Priority to classes on the raid. If no one wants them, they are lottoed regardless of class. Armour/non glowy weapons will be salvaged except in exceptional circumstances for guild funds.

On this one I'll not be lead tank, as I can't do that and lead the raid. In the unlikely event I'm needed for it, someone else will have to step up to lead the raid.

Darzil

Graendel

Fledgling Freddie
Coming with Himbo and Graendel - pm during Friday for egg/sword farming grp

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I'll be on about 5 for the Egg/Sword/Shaman/Moughart hunting I hope.

Give priority to the Shaman/Maughart, though, as the Egg and Sword seem to appear pretty frequently in the Temple itself. (I think they go to whole of the group getting kill credit for Cobras / Gorgons, so they aren't a problem to get. Contrary to the spoiler lists, there are plenty of Pregnant Cobras - or were last night).

Darzil

Matarese

Fledgling Freddie
I coming with my mincer--Neiviv

Sub quest - killing Moughart - part of trial 3.2---Done.
Sub quest - Getting egg, sword and shaman necklace - part of trial 3.5

Shaman necklace---Done.

Cobra egg and sword need.

Lam

Fledgling Freddie
I'll most likely join for some ML xp, cya tonight :)

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
OH and about the time
Start Time - 7pm, gather. 7:15pm, start setting up groups. 7:30pm start. If you're not there by 7:15, you may not get a group.

Is that cet or bst or?

Fasti

Fledgling Freddie
Need all steps+preqs for my wizzard Tali. So we are doing (some) preqs in 5pm? Count me in :)

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
Start Time - 7pm, gather. 7:15pm, start setting up groups. 7:30pm start. If you're not there by 7:15, you may not get a group
I will asume you are saying we are starting at 7pm bst.. at 8 cet :touch:

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Rellik said:
OH and about the time

Is that cet or bst or?

BST

giz0r

Loyal Freddie
45+ Mercenary wants to come

I will bring my Mercenary Gizar, needs credit!

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks all for coming !

A shame we didn't get credit for killing Medusa, but the rest worked out well. We'll just have to try again !

I have one item left from the Lotto, for Thorbear. I'll not be on til Sunday or Monday, but he can get me then.

Thanks especially to Merlene, Phusion and Isaldur for their advice, and to Rains for coming out to make sure our attempt on Medusa was logged by someone who could get the logs to GOA. As it turned out, we needed it !

Thanks for GOA for trying the repop of Medusa. Not their fault that the repop was a bit bugged and we wiped.

Darzil (now desperate for sleep!)

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
For those that come after us, this is what we, I think, learnt.

If you kill fast enough, you don't need so many clerics ! I'm still amazed what we were able to do with so little healing !

The first fight against Medusa went pretty well, up until we got the "magebane statue" adds. The first set were killable (but not F8 targettable), the second got to about 50% health before they stopped being killable.

Second time round, we stopped getting "magebane statue" adds when we stopped using AE spells. We took Medusa down fairly easily (although we had to draw it out so we got an LD back). No credit, no loot, no idea why !

Third time round, we were a little unprepared (mid lotto - 23 seconds warning of pop), but also got "shieldbreaker statue" adds at once. They became unbeatable after we'd taken one down, and done some damage to a second and we wiped. No idea why they became unhittable.

We could have tried kiting the statues around the room, but by that time, with few healers, and numbers dwindling a little, chances are we'd not have succeeded.

The shieldbreaker statues were apparently sent because "we had so many fighters". When they because unhittable, you were simply unable to swing your weapon at them at all, with no messages to explain why. You simply stopped attacking, even though you were apparently styling.

I may try to run a partial raid to do ML3.5, ML3.2, ML3.7 and ML3.10 for those who missed out on one or all of those stages on this raid. It'll not be this weekend, though, as I'm rather wiped, and I'd like to give GOA a chance to check the logs first.

Darzil

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom