ML confusion

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
As i hear a lot about, and se, (eg on ml2 raid ppl not even ml1 attended) its poseible to do some steps of ml above ur ml, just wondering if theres any guide, in what steps i can do before reaching the ml they actually are? i know i have to do the .10 steps, and aint gonna get the abilitys before i get all below that, but would be nice if i eg, could tag along on ml5-6-7 raids and get credit for evrything except .10. Cous as it sees atm, no ml4, would be sooo godly, if i could do eg, join the first ml5 raids that comes, even tho im only 3 and get credit for evrything except ml 5.10 :)

Hope this made sence to just atleast once, that can help me, and maybe (please) give me a link to a side, where i can se what mls i can do as just ml3 :)

Ginius

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, I'll try to explain.
You must have ML1 to be able to enter ML5 Dungeon.
You must have ML3 to be able to enter ML7 Dungeon.
You must have ML8 to be able to enter ML9 Dungeon. And
you must have ML9 to be able to enter ML10 Dungeon.
The means you must have the ability of the first mentioned ML.

You can only get credit for x.10 if you have credit for x.1 to x.9.
For example:
You are ML3 (with ability), so you can do 7.1 to 7.10 (cause you are able to enter that dungeon). So you have ML 1 to 3 and 7 ready, but you need 4 to 6 and lots of ML exp to get ML7 ready. So you can do the full ML 5 to 8 raids (including the x.10 step) before you make ML4. You just have to earn lots of ML exp then to get the abilitys after you got ML4 then finally.

Hm, is it understandable? I hope yes. :eek7:

Ah, and on your case, you are able to make the full ML5 raid, including 5.10. You don't need to do it again, after you got ML4.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Heres a few things for you-

You can attempt any Master level quest at any time (Apart from .10 quests)
For example, you can do ML8 before you do ML1. But you will not be able to use the Master level ability until you have completed ML1 to 7 first. It kinda holds them as quests done (/quest)

being ml3 yourself, you could attend a ML5 raid and gain credit for it, it will not show untill you have gained ML4 tho.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Thx for the 2 replays, clered me vary much, tho u dont seem to say the same about .10 credit

Ginus: So you can do the full ML 5 to 8 raids (including the x.10 step)

Bubble: You can attempt any Master level quest at any time (Apart from .10 quests)

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
you can and will get x.10 credit if you have done x.1 to x.9 BUT you won't be able to get x.11 (ml xp quest) until you you actually are on ML x ...
for example: my cleric is now ML3 ... she has completed 6.1 to 6.10 and 8.1 to 8.10 but she can't get the ML6 and ML8 abilities until she actually reaches those ml's (so if she finishes ML5 she won't need to do ML6 again as she has got full credit already, she'll just need to get some mlxp from either rvr, helping with ML's at the same or lower level as hers or artifact encounters) ...
confused now? :cheers:

Elenos

Fledgling Freddie
Say im ML 4 and i tag along to to an ML6 raid without doing ML5. I can complete the ML 6 steps and they will show up in the master level window. i can only do ML6.10 once i have done ML6.1-9 which is the same for any ml the first nine steps are a pre - req to step 10. however you can have all of ML6done in the master window, but until you have gained the previous ML's with sufficient ML exp you cannot use the ability for that ML.

Some people find it best to do all the MLs, even in a random order, then jump in and help out on lower lvl easier ML raids to get lots of easy ML exp. Once you have enough ML exp for a ML you will get a message saying go visit the arbiter etc.. go see him and he will give you the ability for that ML.

But note that to get into some of the higher ML dungeons you need to have completed the first three ML's so think of these three as a pre - req to the higher ML's.

The only thing i am not sure about .. if you have ML 4 5 6 done but not the exp, can you simply sit in for a ML 3 raid to get exp and lvl through 4 5 6 or do you have to visit the arbiter after gaining enough exp for each one ?

I really hope this helps everyone.

Ajeroth

Fledgling Freddie
As was said above, you can go on any raid (excluding ml5, ml7, ml9, ml10 unless you have the pre-req master ability) and gain credit for all steps, including the .10 step.

For instance, Animas the fire wizard completed ML1, ML2 then ML3. Got MLxp for all of them. Then he could have done ML8, ML4, ML6, Ml5, Ml7. And gained credit for all steps. Once a massive lump of mxlp was gained (from helping on ML's and RvR), he would have brittle guard (ml8 convoker).

He is incidentally ML8 and still waiting for an ML9 raid after missing the last two (hint, hint).

The only 'complex' thing to note is that you can only gain mlxp from repeating trials you already have the ability for, provided you are grouped with folk who dont yet have that step. So if yer ML6, you can get mlxp from ml's1-6 while grouped with folk who dont have that particular ability *and* the step you are doing.

You can also gain mlxp from the .10 step, but only if its the next one up from your currently completed abilities, and its your first time doing it - so an ML4 doing ML6 wont gain any mlxp, but an ml4 doing ml5 for the first time will gain some mlxp from Ammut (5.10).

Regards,
Animas
Chensin

Order of the Knights Templar

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
My minstrel had ML1, 3, 4, and 5 completed! Finallly got ML2 last night.
Now I need a shit load of MLxp to fill the X.11 steps and get the abilities :/

starr

Fledgling Freddie
your mlxp bar won't reset til you visit arbiter so you would have to go back rather than do it all in one go

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom