ML 4.2 Raid - Wednesday

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
Raid Type: ML4.2
Raid Date: Wednesday March 31st
Raid Start: 7pm GMT from stygia docks

As those who are familiar with my current situation will know, I have quite a short period during which I can participate in ML raids (the easter break). I have therefore bitten the bullet and started running ML raids for those that need MLXP or are slightly lower down the ML ladder than others. My next raid will be a (the?) big one - ML4.2 - Fortress of Storms. As I'm sure everyone is aware, this takes more than 1fg. Having done plenty of reading about the encounter I'm confident that it's possible with 8fg, but what's left to chance will always come back to bite you, so my plan is to hopefully take 10.

Those familiar with my raids will know that I delegate tasks on a "per guild" basis. My plan is quite simple, and will go through it here at the end of this post. Please can GMs consider the raid and sign up if you think there's interest enough in your guild that you will be able to field 1fg or more. Also if you could mention how many you think you're likely to turn up with that would be most helpful. If we don't get 8 guilds (or 10fg+ from a smaller number of guilds) the raid will be cancelled, so you're in a no-lose situation if you can sign up. The list starts here (FC and NO listed in italics as they're not completely sure yet - only LoD alliance guilds can do this, non-/as guilds please only sign up if you're sure):

(1) Legion of Darkness
(2) Band of Brehons
(3) First Cohort
(4) New Order
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)
(9)
(10)

The plan is this.

Each guild will be numbered 1-10.
Zerg proceeds from Stygia Haven to the first town. Guilds 1, 2 and 3 kill the camps and wait there to kill repops while the zerg takes the town. Once repops have stopped, guild 1 stays in the town to kill laborers. The zerg moves on to town 2. This time, guilds 2, 3 and 4 take the camps while the zerg takes the town, and guild 2 stays behind to kill laborers while the rest move on. At town 3, the same again; 3, 4 and 5 take camps, then 3 stays behind. This will leave guilds 4-10 to take the fortress of storms. When the fortress is on fire, town guilds move to the fortress. Guilds 4-10 then kill the pharaoh while guilds 1-3 hold the courtyard. Numbers may seem slightly excessive, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Hope to see many of you there, apologies for the short notice. Please spread the word around your alliances and get them to sign up here or to PM me in-game.

Edit: Oh, forgot to say, I will hold onto the gem at the end of the raid as I have an /as ML4 raid (1 + 3-10) planned for sunday.

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
well ill better hook dragon knights up for this, im sure we can get a fg going for this, could be changed to 2 fg later.

count us in with 1 fg

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
AMAGAAD where's the edit button gone... MODERATOR!!!

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
HB will come with at least 1fg as well .... (allthough we have to know if you ONLY do ml4.2 ... you need the gem for ml 4.8 rigth ?)

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
wait wait...
you doing ONLY 4.2 ?

I don't understand :)
Why would we come for 4.2 when we need to do the rest of the raid that requires the drop?

We would like to sign up for the raid, but if you won't include us for the rest of the raid then there is 0 point for us to do 4.2.

Nebel

Fledgling Freddie
What Asha said....Players/Guilds that are not in your alliance but help on 4.2 may not come to the 4.8-4.10-follow-ups u have planed for sunday???

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Valid points. Generally speaking, let's open the raids up somewhat, and not just take the philosophy of only getting outside help when it is the only way forward (which I have seen a fair bit of the last weeks). After all, it is in everyone's best interest, you never know when you or your guildies or alliance friends will need to join "outsiders" on an ML raid.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
If you dont have time to do a full ML4 on Wednesday, and still want to keep your ML4 raid on Sunday 'private' for alliance perhaps you could do only 4.2 and 4.7/4.8 on Wednesday?

The rest can be done with small numbers (2FG is enough) but doing 4.2 without doing 4.8 is - as others said - pointless.

4.7 must be done immediately before 4.8: It only takes 5-10 minutes (opening portal to 4.8)

Iskander

Fledgling Freddie
Wildfire said:
Edit: Oh, forgot to say, I will hold onto the gem at the end of the raid as I have an /as ML4 raid (1 + 3-10) planned for sunday.

So in short, you want our help to do 4.2 and then we can feck off while you do the rest of ML4 with your small group of friends/alliance ..

Nice attitude ..

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
I would sign it, but as posters above, no point doing 4.2 you are not doing 4.7 n 4.8 straight forward.
Don't think there are many ppl who only want to do 4.2 w/o doing the rest, right because whenever they planned to do 4.7 and 4.8 they will need to re-do 4.2 again.

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
Iskander: Please, don't turn up. Your attitude stinks.

To all the others: I hadn't assumed such interest in completing the rest of the ML in one attempt. As a result if the raid goes well I will continue to complete the rest of ML4 in one run. It should be noted that this will mean quite a late night for those that want to get through to complete 4.10.

I had considered 4.2 to be a sticking point for many people as it requires so many. If the gems do not return to the player after use (as I thought they did) then you're quite right to point out that those invited to 4.2 should be invited to the rest as well: therefore those that sign up are. However, it should be noted that no allowance will be made for members of guilds that do not sign up - no groups will be promised, we will not wait blah-de-blah-de-blah.

Points to note:

1) One of the encounters includes a mob that's most easily and reliably killed by archers only. This is therefore the approach I want to take, so can all armsmen, mercenaries, infiltrators and scouts please bring plenty of ammunition.

P.S. could a mod please update my original post.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Wildfire said:
1) One of the encounters includes a mob that's most easily and reliably killed by archers only. This is therefore the approach I want to take, so can all armsmen, mercenaries, infiltrators and scouts please bring plenty of ammunition.
The mob that splits (4.6: Ghillan) ?

You can do it properly if you choose: but with the numbers your looking at taking (10FG or so) itll die in 10 seconds with plain old 'zerg' tactics.

Even with 3FG or so it dies in seconds: killing with archery only seems to only be necessary for doing it with 1FG.

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
One more personal request; is anyone running a ML3 raid today? (Tuesday) - I need 3.10 but can't get the players to go specifically for that.

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
1 suggestion WF ... do ml 4.2 + ml 4.7 + ml 4.8 ..... those are pretty fast (compared to do entier 4) and every can do their own ml 4.1,3,4,5,6,9,10....................

Galerrard

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for organising this WF. And thanks for extending it to include the follow up raids. Whilst many of the posts above were far too venomous, personal and frankly out of order, they did have a point regarding the follow up raids so I'm glad you are able hopefully to accomodate these should you succeed at 4.2.

I would like to bring a "Brethren" Group - however this will include Alliance members rather than purely our Guild. So its up to you if you add us to the list above as I dont think we quite have the numbers available to meet your criteria above.

Ta ta for now

Oh and is anyone doing any of ML3 cos I desperately need that too :)

Trubble

Fledgling Freddie
Draylor said:
The mob that splits (4.6: Ghillan) ?

You can do it properly if you choose: but with the numbers your looking at taking (10FG or so) itll die in 10 seconds with plain old 'zerg' tactics.

Even with 3FG or so it dies in seconds: killing with archery only seems to only be necessary for doing it with 1FG.

As Draylor says. The clones dies when the original Ghillan dies. So just keep everyone on the main mob and he will go down fast. Its a BG encouner and even dead people will get credit. However this encounter is not related to the 4.2 and 4.8 encounter.

The only thing that rely on the gem from 4.2 is 4.8. So if you proceed to do 4.8 right after 4.2, everyone will be happy. The rest of ML4 can be done independently.

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
Right, you can all have a good long sigh and/or laugh at my expense because due to alliance timetables I have to reschedule the raid to take place on Friday instead of Wednesday. I therefore ask anyone who intends to sign up to please sign AFTER THIS POST as I'm totally unable to edit my original thread title and content. ~sigh~

Sorry.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
As above... One 4.2 raid means one 4.8 raid. If you don't do them both in the same raid there will be a lot of people screwed by it (even if everybody is invited to another raid, there are bound to be many who cannot attend both).

As a rough guide, doing the rest of 4.5-4.10 takes about 2-3 hours total after doing 4.2 (depending on how well you organise 60 people), so 3-4 hours for the lot.

Wildfire said:
Points to note:

1) One of the encounters includes a mob that's most easily and reliably killed by archers only.
No there isn't.

Galerrard

Fledgling Freddie
ARGH !!!!

Please withdraw The Brethren from the above - Friday is a very big no no I'm afraid.

Fingers crossed its rescheduled again .....

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Wildfire said:

Pfft no need to beg WF...remember them peeps accross the water tend to exagerate a tad, we have a little band of 4-5 that have done quite a few 1-2 FG encounters if those sites are to be believed.

Pin an understanding chap, my money is on him btw :p

Can ya put me down as a erm ah independant group pls :) or Perhaps Ferus Legionis :)

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Both times I have done this mob we just did it the good old fashioned Albion way and he dies in seconds.

Second raid Edelia was debating using arrows but we just charged in and killed. I think I had time for maybe 2 swings. Standing off and using arrows would be a valid method for maybe 1-2 fg, but with a 4.2 zerg just kill him.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Yes Wildfire, we know what VoS says. Many of us have also been through 4.6 often enough to know that its information is (as is fairly common) fairly poor. Its 2 peoples accounts of how they did it - not necessarily the fastest or easiest way of doing it, or the 'right' way to do it when the numbers youll have.

You could spend 5 minutes explaining to people exactly how you wanted to do it, and another 5 minutes killing it with archery only. The easy option for everyone is 'just zerg it' since youll have the numbers for it.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
1st of all, thx to WF for trying to organise something. I didn't mean my earlier post as a flame at all, and I don't think it's taken that way :)

2nd - What time on Friday?

3rd - Is it just me or the USA players need 3x to 4x the players we need for anything :D

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Asha said:
Is it just me or the USA players need 3x to 4x the players we need for anything :D
Partly :)

Being fair about it VoS (and the other sites) tend to have info from the first few times each encounter was completed successfully. The information there is usually good enough to get you past steps that arent immediately obvious - so noone bothers to send in proper fully accurate descriptions.

Then you see bugged crap like 8.3 (Ibn) and wish someone sent VoS a good description since so far many many people are wasting hours dealing with it. Thank god for body cabalists :p

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
The original plan was for 7pm GMT. As we're doing the rest of the steps as well now, I want to change this to 6pm GMT. If zerging Ghillan works reliably with large numbers then fine, we'll just do that. If a mod could please lock/delete/or even notice this post then I'll make a fresh one so that there's no confusion.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Wildfire said:
Done him 5 times, I think. 3 with a raid zerg (basically insta-killed with 6fg+ after 4.2). Twice with ~2fg (plain tank assist-killed with 2/3 clones popping in the 3-4 minutes it took).

Clones aren't dangerous, aggro can be held easily, etc.

Don't believe everything you read on VoS. The number of times I've read "2fg needed", and then gone and duo'd the encounter is silly.

Khalen

Fledgling Freddie
Just sign DK up for it again :) I have no doubt they will help me out (as I LDed for mysterious reasons on the last 4.8 attempt)

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
And if any mods would be here it would be even better... :touch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom