ML 10 raid tuesday the nexteth of may

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
coming tuesday meeting (oceanus atm) 18:30 cet i will have bg same as normal

if we don't find it first, me and really will joinly be paying whoever does (stupid idea i know, blame voss!) 3p
and it doesn't count if it moves before 19:00 cet :p
and this is whoever finds it FIRST, so get proof or somit :twak:

cos i am a bad bad person (ver so) i am going to be picking one drop for my skald this raid if we manage to kill draco (last d00d) sucessfully, theres 5 fat mobs so shouldn't be a prob
mister really can also if he wants but haven't asked him wot with just thinking of it
i'm not drunk
cya tuesday :drink:

Schenton

Fledgling Freddie
Smulan will be there.

And thanks for the Phoenix Remains. looks so nice in my house :cheers:

Klen

Fledgling Freddie
Klen coming... ...from a café in Stockholm (Matrix?) OR can get a guildie to bring Klen along...

Vondra

Fledgling Freddie
I got confused, is raid
Thursday the 19th of may or
Tuesday the 25th of may?

Tufnir

Fledgling Freddie
There is no Thursday 19th may is it? :p

Its next Tuesday, 25th.

Aldrick

Fledgling Freddie
I would have been there but considering that even tho hosting a lot of raids is nice of him to do it gives no right to claim items for themselves. And imo that should go for all types of raids.

Animus

Fledgling Freddie
Especially ml10 items as they are just so damned uber.
But I guess, if you dont like it, you are free to not show (as you chose and which I would perfectly well respect).

koxine

Fledgling Freddie
I'll be there =)

.. even if it is a bit risky posting it here.. it is a RvR dungeon =)

cos i am a bad bad person (ver so) i am going to be picking one drop for my skald this raid if we manage to kill draco (last d00d) sucessfully, theres 5 fat mobs so shouldn't be a prob
mister really can also if he wants but haven't asked him wot with just thinking of it
i'm not drunk

hmm.. as i'm only joining for drops i might wait tho.. if Draco drops is pre-claimed there is not much idea in joining tho.. =(

Foadon

Fledgling Freddie
never thought about reserving drops and never will, almost anyone can make a ffa raid tbh (look at me ;p ) but i wont whine, all ppl who will go know this so they can make up their mind for their own

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
All 5 Celestius bosses drop loot, the first four have a chance to drop however, whereas Draco will drop. Weapons/Staves/Jewelery off the first four. SoD's, Leggings and Chestpieces from Draco.

Makwaerk

Fledgling Freddie
ohh the choice!!!! really need ml 10, but hate the pre drop thing.. seems so so .. well so excal!

koxine

Fledgling Freddie
I followed the raids run by durgi/belor from start till end, and must accentuate the enormous amount of time and effort theese two guys spent, getting a lot of mids through to ML10, and neither of them has EVER claimed anything from any of theese raids.. think they each got a key for one of the treassure chests during the erly raids, but only because ppl's in bg wanted them to have those keys.. have in mind that this was the first time theese raids was run, and nobody had any experience how to do the quests, so some of theese raids took a VERY long time to get through.. think the worst was a ML3 raid wich lasted 17 hrs before we got credit..

This is a ML10 raid.. the mids showing up for a ML10 raid has been doing a lot of ML'ing and knows what this is about, therefore less work for the leaders getting this done.. Also, compared to other ML's, the ML10 run is an easy raid to lead, cause there is no traveling through dangerous areas with tons of agro mobs or anything.. no you teleport two times and then you are there.. handle 5 mobs and then it's over..

I'm afraid that if pre-claiming drops becomes a custom of raidleaders, we will see a lot of ppl's wanting to lead raids, and not very many joining the raids cause they want to lead a raid themselves to make sure they get the drop they want... this is truely a sad development in ML-raiding..

/salute Belor & Durgi for the great work they have done for midgaard lately !

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
I think it's okay to claim items if someone wants to.
As mentioned, people can choose whether or not to join. As long as it's known well beforehand :)

Thinking about this particular raid.. There's the people who need ML10 done, and then there's the people who will join to help, for (good) items or just for something to do.
Claiming items might drop many of the people out who are in other categories than getting ML10 done. After all, not at all many drops drop from the mobs and draco.
Elendar has made his choice and it sounds reasonable to me.
About halfway through ML's I thought I would start taking the scrolls dropped from raid as they weren't lotted anyway. That might had been nice but I was too lazy to be bothered with it and then forgot about it :)
There's a tip for future ML raid leaders and something that I think would be just fine reward for running ML raid, getting the scrolls that drop along the way. After all, with all the arranging and stuff, they have less time for scrollfarming.

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
Oh and Koxine, if they get this load of new people to ML10, then there will probably be enough ML10 people for farming trips if you wanna arrange the raid you've been waiting for :)

koxine

Fledgling Freddie
Well sure.. would be nice to have ML10-raids running regulary like we had TG-hunts prior to ToA.. and i don't mind leaders getting some kind of credit for leading the raid, but pre-claiming the most uber items in the game I find a bit arrogant.. wouldn't mind if leaders had a /random 120 or something.. don't know how many scroll's are dropping at ML10..

But regular ML10's with +10 modifiers for the ppl's that didn't get items just like the TG-hunts would be cool..

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
considering the value of some of the scrolls that can drop i'd say that would actually be worse than one item, esp if a few v rare ones drop
have been some people worried i'm after one of the very uber multi class haubs, if at all possible i want a weapon from there not armour and as haub seems to be what people are mostly after i definitly will not take one of those

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
I wouldn't be too worried about it coming usual for people to claim items, not on pure item hunts anyway. If it does, then the people who join the hunts probably start joining the ones where drops aren't claimed instead of where drops are claimed.

And yeah, might soon be need arising for someone to start running FFA ML10 raids with modifier system. Especially because so few items drop so would need pre-stated classes + probably some kinda modifiers (not everyone agrees with modifiers though).

PS. Don't agree with scrolls. They're valuable yes, but they're usually(?) not lottoed so they go to random people anyway, or mostly people in one or two strong groups who make alot damage. :)

PPS. Hope you don't mind discussion in your thread, it's interesting topic :)

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
Elendar said:
i'm not drunk
:eek6: rofl

Sagano

Fledgling Freddie
lol at the fg albs camping inside to farm mids
too bad mids found the portal too late and they got like 5 mids on the entire evening ?

:kissit: :kissit: :kissit: :kissit:

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
Sagano said:
lol at the fg albs camping inside to farm mids
too bad mids found the portal too late and they got like 5 mids on the entire evening ?

Albs found the portal at about 20.15 uk time, and by the following night (in game) we had about 1.5 FG to go in, suprised to see no mids inside we hung around for a few monents, I think abutg 1fg mids came in split up in dribs and drabs, and hit the floor with a nice squishy noise. So we stayed... and waited... and no more mids came... so we went to bed :)

Just let this be a reminder for all realms - ML10 is a multi realm dungeon, post your raids on fredyshouse at your peril :)

Sagano

Fledgling Freddie
might post one just to get you guyz an evening full of work for 5 mids :flame:

Inca

Fledgling Freddie
Well personally it wud be nice to see people who don't like the idea of pre-claiming on raids to post their own maybe within a few days of the orignal. That way people have a choice.

Personally i have a lot of respect for any raid organisers and if they wanted sumthing from me i wud happily help them as a thanks to them helping me. Again, in my opinion, i don't like raid leaders pre determining the drops and i have no respect for any1 that does that.

The key here is that there is no choice, if u want ml10 u have to live to the raid leaders rules and in their defence they have posted it loud and clear so its down to ur own decision. What they are doing is not wrong... its just not to everyones taste.

Brolundar

One of Freddy's beloved
Sagano said:
might post one just to get you guyz an evening full of work for 5 mids :flame:

Just watch your back, if you try the next time. :)

btw. its a interesting point of view, cutting off own pleasure to cut off pleasure of others ^^

If you need an updated list of portal locations, you may check it out of Albion part of this forum :eek6:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom