Mistrell asking cash for speed????

O

old.ygdrisil

WTF?

I was playing my alt char (fighter level 10 albion, excal) And joined up with a group.. there was a minstrell level 11 who was telling us we had to pay him to get speeddrumz.. WTF is that all about?

It's bad enough that clerics ask money for a rezz (i don't, never!) and now minstrells start asking for cash to speed? whats next? Armsmen asking money to get that bleeding aggro of casters back?

I tell ya.. the world of albion is changing.. and it's not getting any better..
:(

Hope things will turnaround for the better.. but dont think so :(

C

c0ngo

I've had it with my alt Minst when it was lower where people have offered me cash to take them somewhere.

Was fairly funny as I'm pretty sure I transferred more gold to the Minst than they had any way :)

I know of quite a few people that will pay a lower lvl minst to run them somewhere but I've never heard of one charging a grp for speed ?

Easy answer, kick him from grp and get another Minst. Everyone seems to have a Minst alt so it's not like it's hard to find a replacement ;)

M

Madonion Slicer

I have come across this, wont give his name, but i was in Cornwall chatting with few characters and a Minstrel mentioned going to Abard retreat, i piped up and said do you mind if i come with you we can do each other a service one i get a nice speed and he gets the protection.

He wanted me to pay him gold for the service, er bud i can get a horse for 5s, just nice to have the chat and make a contacts.

mmm Armsmen getting paid to take aggro, what a good idea ;-)

M

Madonion Slicer

But if i was in a place that had no stables and i need to get somewhere i would no begrudge paying to get there, it is one of them things that if it was there and i needed to do it i would.

I mean from Snowdonia to LynBarfog is a damn long run, with a minstrel you could get there in a 1/4 of the time.

K

Khalen

You've probably run into a taxi minstrel ;) Maybe they should dye there armor and cape yellow and black and be in a guild called Cab Drivers :cool:

T

tilde

dmg.chant = 1G
AF.chant=1G
Protect=50s
Guard=2G

Healing-chant=10G

hmm... i can make a fortune on this :)

S

starblade

Lol, soon we'll no longer have player guilds but character guilds :)
Then we have to negotiate prices and terms before we can get a group out to play.

Wouldnt say this realm is going down .... but we're not far from it sometimes.

(I do like Ttilde's idea bout the heal chant tho ;) ;) )

F

Flimgoblin

Fair enough being a taxi service - pay a minstrel to take you to ludlow for more materials for crafting etc.

But to charge your xp group? thats a swift click/kick byebye /ignore from me.

T

tilde

they get the first rez for free, then i charge lvl*G for each rez - 50% discount in Emain tho and happy hour on all prices between 05.00-07.00PM

O

old.BJ|Bored

but tilde .. in emain your always the one needing a res :)

O

old.Ryzar

Originally posted by ygdrisil
WTF?

I was playing my alt char (fighter level 10 albion, excal) And joined up with a group.. there was a minstrell level 11 who was telling us we had to pay him to get speeddrumz.. WTF is that all about?

It's bad enough that clerics ask money for a rezz (i don't, never!) and now minstrells start asking for cash to speed? whats next? Armsmen asking money to get that bleeding aggro of casters back?

I tell ya.. the world of albion is changing.. and it's not getting any better..
:(

Hope things will turnaround for the better.. but dont think so :(

the only thing you should have for those ppl is a /laugh , a quick disband
and a /who minstrel

=)

O

old.ygdrisil

Wow lots of peeps here )

Well we kicked him obviously but not before i explained to him that will be hard for him to get any groups acting like this..

But he.. ill be laughing at his corpse when i come across him.. and when hes begging for a rezz ))

hmm.. come to think of it, it would make nice cash )

Tilde, I helped u out in the barrows the other day, so thats 4 small heals in battle, so that makes 4gold.. and 2 after battle heals so that totals a fair price of 10 gold .. (and thats with VAT!!)
:D

see ya all on the field.. lying as dead as me )

O

old.Paranoid

i am obviously going to start charging for mezzing any mobs on a chain pull

C

Chenuba

Originally posted by tilde
dmg.chant = 1G
AF.chant=1G
Protect=50s
Guard=2G

Healing-chant=10G

hmm... i can make a fortune on this :)

Tilde you forgot 25 G for rez and interceptions ain't cheap either in these times of war.

F

Flimgoblin

I charge per the hit, that's 1 gold for each axe. an extra gold for any criticals, and if I use dirty tricks it'll be 10g up front payment.

:)

hrm need to moo

:m00: :m00: :m00: :m00:

I

Insurrextion

ye saw a n00b minstrel at prywden bridge the other day - 'anyone want a ride? 10s per trip'

someone said yes he took out his lute and played a song :rolleyes:

O

old.Tully

Minstrels now charging money as well!?

I had an argument with a cleric in Mithra a while back who was asking money from people to rez them. He said he was sick of everybody asking him for a rez so started asking money.
WTF did he start a cleric for in the first place? That's what us clerics are here for, heal our group and rez the fallen.
Still he was being a complete @ss, so I got my cleric down there and started ressing everyone in sight, sure enough he got bored because he was making no money and left with a nice "FUCK YOU" send.

O

old.ygdrisil

Yup..

He is a disgrace to the cleric class....

:mad:

D

Dalby

rofl thats insane,

i taxied some more who were obviously tasking and had to go the same way.. so i invited them, and they wanted to pay me .. of course this is silly, like congo sais i had more then enough money on that char ;)

but charge people for a taxi? cmon.... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom