Mismanaged AGAIN! /angry

mrbandersnatch

Fledgling Freddie
I REALLY like WAR. Its a good game, not without its issues, but a couple of expansions and it will be great.

HOWEVER...as everyone expected, GoA ARE back to old form.

1) Realm Statistics/Site. Well wasnt this supposed to go live a few weeks ago? OOooops no sign of it.

2) EU Server transfers. Lots of DEAD servers (50-80%?). Server transfers? This issue is just being IGNORED.

3) Test server? Oooooh not big enough to do THAT one.

I can actually understand the lack of the test server. Is it right? No. Is it understandable though....maybe.

1 and 2 though? Sorry, NO EXCUSE! We all know why its the case. Typical lack of competent management (i.e. management that understand there customer base and are prepared to commit resources to fulfil expectations on a reasonable time scale with proper customer interaction and information) and its going to mean the DEATH of this game in the EU just like DAoC.....and Im SO ANNOYED to see it happening....that I wrote this.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
The empty servers thing has surprised me, only play on Orrud usually but when you look at the server list tons of them are almost always on low/low for population.

Runoff

Fledgling Freddie
Even high population servers are dying due to fact when you hit Rank 40 and want to orvr you get kinda annoyed you cant get a Zone to flip. So folk arnt logging in until this is fixed.

Hintshigen

Fledgling Freddie
Well simply because of the way GOA has handled this situation I've just canceled both my wifes and my subscription. My brother has also decided to cancel his and his wifes subscriptions.

Even if they fix the problems now I won't re-sub, I simply find GOA to be a horrible company with no clue on how to maintain and run an MMO or any other game for that matter.

I've also called my credit card company and had them reverse the charges, GOA don't deserve my hard earned money for a substandard game and broken promises.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Dont worry Goa knows how to manage servers with declining populations. Watch for Save Dyvet 2.0 secret plan.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Well simply because of the way GOA has handled this situation I've just canceled both my wifes and my subscription. My brother has also decided to cancel his and his wifes subscriptions.

Even if they fix the problems now I won't re-sub, I simply find GOA to be a horrible company with no clue on how to maintain and run an MMO or any other game for that matter.

I've also called my credit card company and had them reverse the charges, GOA don't deserve my hard earned money for a substandard game and broken promises.

What situation are you talking about thats is so bad your entire family has spit the dummy? Remember GOA do NOT make the game, they simply run the EU servers.

Reverse the charges? I'm pretty sure you won't get your money back. The only way is to cancel your subs, otherwise im almost certain your engaged in a contract.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH

Substandard game, if it is then it's Mythics fault (although I don't think it's sub-standard at all).

If you're annoyed at the way it's been run - why not give some detail and feedback rather than whine on a public forum?

Reversing CC charges - your in muddy water there.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
If you want statistics go and get yourself measured for a suit.

The sooner this game is rid of moany twats the better orvr will become. Having to type out the same instructions every 30 seconds to inbred moronrs becomes quite tedious and I look forward to the day I dont have to.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!

I suggest you bang your wife instead of playing warhammer.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
The only critism that can thrown at GoA right now is the people who cannot access despite paying subs. Plus the crappy Flash Weby that everyone hates and they know we hated it from DAOC.

Everything else is Mythic.

gordro

Fledgling Freddie
The only critism that can thrown at GoA right now is the people who cannot access despite paying subs. Plus the crappy Flash Weby that everyone hates and they know we hated it from DAOC.

Everything else is Mythic.

I would agree with that (add the lack of a Herald to it though)

Are Europeans actually getting a "second class service"?

This is a serious question, not flame bait, and not designed to start pages of GOA bashing.

On the negative we have

1. some valid customers not able to log in (I know nothing about this, so won't comment)
  2. No Herald despite repeated assurances that it is "the end of the week" or "Next week now"
  3. Flash on the webiste. I am forced to "F5" 3 or 4 times to see anything, and then if I change page, I normally only get the flash outer border and no actually information. Rubbish in a 2008. You could dig my granny up and she could make a better webpage in frontpage (just so long as her rotting fingers don't fall off)
  4. Server transfers (in the pipeline, but no ETA)
  5. Test server (I don't believe that this should be on this list, but thats been done to death on a different thread)
  6. Complaints about broken aspects of the game, reported within game, not acted on, requiring intervention by Mythic CSR's from non-mythic forums. (a number of occasions Mythics devs have acted on information brought up in various forums like freddies and WHA, and then affected a server change or fix in the EU. Broken campaigns etc)
  7. Seemingly simple In game problems not able to be fixed. For example, resetting broken quests are not somehting that GOA are able to fix.
GOA said:
"Thank you for reporting the issue again. We will investigate and if necessary escalate it to our Quality Assurance department"

On the Positive we have

1. Servers are up, all the time.
  2. Updates are fast and normally within ETA (+-1 hour) I think they change the time zones to suit themselves here, but they do a very good job here.
  3. Broken servers normally restarted pro-activily. When there is a big issue, they are normally on the case fast. This shows they have some input from within the game or at least their moniotoring software can detect issues to do with game play rather than waiting for customers to have to respond. While this looks like it conflicts with the negative point 6 above, it doesent, it just shows their auto-systems are good)
The above list shows me that GOA are actually good at doing what they are supposed to be doing, hosting the game. Where they seem to fall down is the support of Warhammer.

But how good is the support from Mythihc to the American players?
Do the American players actually have it any different?
How would Mythics support stand up when compaired side by side with GOA?

If any septics have read this far down, could you add anything? Let us poor bad teethed Euro's, Commies and Foreign people who live near the Queen know what Mythics support is ACTUALLY like.

Tors
KEP

Netcode

Can't get enough of FH
Same old same old :(
After daoc and now war, still the same problem

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH

Sorry, but I fail to see how that matters? It's no excuse to have a poor service just cuz' someone else does.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH

Currently I play both GoA and Mythic servers. I would say that as with DAoC, Mythics customer service is pretty flawless. I have yet to raise an issue that hasn't had a responce within 30 minutes, and bearing in mind that I am in the UK, so play at unsual hours as far as Mythic is concerned, I would say that is pretty good personally, as I assume they have less CS staff during those hours.

Granted I don't play GoA servers as often, but the last issue I raised with them "In Game" took 48 hours to get a responce, which was your usual "scripted" email responce and had little to do with the actual issue raised as far as I could tell.

gordro

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry, but I fail to see how that matters? It's no excuse to have a poor service just cuz' someone else does.

No one is saying that.

The reason I would like to know how the USA service compaires vs the EU service to to see if we (in the EU) actually have a point when we QQ about being a "Second Class Customer"

Ford Perfect's, reply below shows that he may be getting a better support in the USA than my experiance in the EU.

Though my particuar problems my require a line of communication between GOA and Mythic in order to diagnose a proplem, hence adding time to fix.

Untill we know more about what the "other side" actually can expect in the terms of service, we can't actually complain that we are gettign a lower level of service.

I don't expect poor service, I won't accept poor service. In the EU or USA (if i played there) Poor service in the USA is not an excuse for it in the EU etc etc. But somethings take time. And some things may be made worse by the inability of GOA to fix something that a Mythic CSR could without the EU contacting the USA for help first.

At least I hope that the problem I have is down to the EU not knowing how to fix something and that they are just asking the USA how to do it. I also hope that they will then learn from that and be able to do it in future.

In reality, I know that a CSR should be able to reset a quest chain, and not require that is is sent up the line for a responce. I also know that I have just been given the brush off by GOA and that I won't be renewing my sub when it comes around next time. (im one of the people who have actually paid cash now :p )

But I have to give them a chance

Jeros

Part of the furniture
reversing bank chargers could get you in a whole heap of legal trouble methinks

you paid for a service, you got the service weather you think you did or not, now you have taken back the money....

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Currently I play both GoA and Mythic servers. I would say that as with DAoC, Mythics customer service is pretty flawless. I have yet to raise an issue that hasn't had a responce within 30 minutes, and bearing in mind that I am in the UK, so play at unsual hours as far as Mythic is concerned, I would say that is pretty good personally, as I assume they have less CS staff during those hours.

Granted I don't play GoA servers as often, but the last issue I raised with them "In Game" took 48 hours to get a responce, which was your usual "scripted" email responce and had little to do with the actual issue raised as far as I could tell.

wth.. wife filed a problem with a quest that was impossible to complete and got an answer after 6 days... 48 hours?! Thats luxuary fgs :D I myself have filed in 2 problems I had, neither of the times did I get a response at all within 2 days so I just cancelled them and skipped the quests since I outleveled them and changed area, no point in going back to ch8 when beeing on ch11 for example since the CSR's doesnt respond within reasonable time.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Had an amusing "level of service" example earlier today. My BW was level 7, 19 days ago. I raised an issue about not being able to equip an item in my belt slot, and only today got a "canned" email response about it.

Pretty funny, or it would be if part of my subs weren't going on the wages of those monkeys they call "ingame support reps". Oh and here's a hint it's not INGAME support if i get an e-mail about it out of game, nearly 3 weeks later.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
I can live with the website. I can live with the support. I can live with the bugs. But what sends me up the wall is the CTD. and its not even the CTD its the fact that it kicks you from the area when you log back in. This is a game breaker for me. How hard can it be to give you a 10 minute grace period. The game even starts to load you back to your original zone then swaps and loads you back to a wc or outside the instance.

bronnac

Fledgling Freddie
Its a shame really....actually, now I think about it, its not a shame at all..we're paying customers and the game is just not good enough.

I didnt resub after my free month, just cant be asked to login anymore, at the end of the day its just the same as all the rest..except open PvP is just too laggy.

I'l finish dicking Fable 2 and the next FF before I jump into the MMORPG world again, hopefully 2009 will bring something sandbox.

Ribbit

Fledgling Freddie
With DAoC Mythic's CSR's did cop some flack, but to be fair I think most of it was unjustified. In fact I'd go so far as to say their all round efficiency and competence in that area was the main reason I kept playing DAoC for about 7 years.

Having played a lot of MMO's over the years, I'd put them up there as probably the best.

I was heavily involved on Pendragon testing for a long time, beta'd just about everything, was usually involved in support calls a few times a day early on (reporting bugs, etc), so it's not as if my contact with them was rare.

I can't really comment on how the support is with Mythic's hosting of Warhammer though, as I haven't raised a single support card yet, been too busy having a blast in T1 and wandering round different servers as yet to settle down and get stuck in, and really haven't had any issues at all (I did have one CTD last week, but when I relogged in there was a hotfix as I did, and I think that must have fixed it as I haven't had one since). Not had any lag issues either.

Having been poised to give GOA a second chance prior to the early access debacle, I'm rather glad now I cancelled the pre-order and went with the American hosted game again.

I feel ruddy sick for you guys putting up with things you shouldn't be having to put up with though. :(

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Ladies, gentlemen - good day!
I'll comment on a few of the subjects brought up here individually.

Herald
We're using the WAR-Europe news section in a similar fashion that Mythic are using the WAR Herald. There's this perception that we update our news very seldom and I often see people throw out statements like "war-europe is updated once every three days". Myself and the other guys in Community Management write and update the WAR-Europe news and I can testify that this is simply wrong; over the last 30 days we've posted 9.6 posts per week.

Realm WAR
The Realm WAR pages are now finished and we're launching them very soon unless something unexpected show up.

Character transfers
With the Realm WAR finished, we'll be seeing character transfers quite shortly. More on this next week.

PTS
I can confirm that there will be an English Public Test Server in Europe and if we can pull through we'll also host PTS in the other languages. Although important, this is second in priority to character transfers

Costumer Service
I hear stories here and there of how customer service fail to respond within days. This is obviously not acceptable, and I do welcome you to PM me if you've got a ticket which hasn't been responded to within a reasonable time. I'll then pass it along to our Customer Service Officer who'll make sure it's dealt with swiftly. That said, I've encountered several cases where players claim that their ticket hasn't being resolved where it, in fact, has. I'm guessing that one reason for this is many simply don't check the e-mail they've registered their WAR account with, as we don't always use the in-game mail system.

Moving on to the types of issues CS can deal with. For some time we were really struggling with our tools and as a result we were simply somewhat handicapped and unable to resolve some issues. Our Customer Service tools are now stable and our CSR's can deal with much more complex issues. We regularly reset broken Public Quests and we can and will restore broken quests, reset campaigns and other semi-large problems. We're analysing the type of issues we're running into and provide Mythic with feedback on this, among other things. Our CSR's also report large amounts of player reported bugs and pass along player feedback to us in Community Management. Overall, whereas it's clear that we're sometimes letting people slip through the net, I think they're doing a good job and they're constantly improving.

Again, if your ticket isn't being responded to within a reasonable time, do feel free to PM me or Nic and we'll make sure you're sorted out.

-Magnus

Uara

Part of the furniture
Indeed, :iagree: thanks for keeping us updated with all the happenings!

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
we can and will restore broken quests

Not always the case im afraid, reported a broken quest a few days ago and was told to abandon it and restart.

The reply was very quick, 30 minutes i think, but a response telling me the only way to fix it is to abandon it isn't much use as i already know that "solution" works.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
Again, if your ticket isn't being responded to within a reasonable time, do feel free to PM me or Nic and we'll make sure you're sorted out.

-Magnus

I haven't submitted a report for a while, but the last one I did was replied to a little over 48 hrs later and look scripted - the reply was vaguely related to my query, but not particularly helpful or informative.

Is it safe to assume that after so many requests over such a long period of time we can add a html version of war-europe to that list?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom