Minstrels...

L

Loth

There seems to be an awful lot of Minstrel threads on the boards atm, is the class a bit of a FOTM right now ?

I hope not :(

J

jox

Originally posted by Loth
There seems to be an awful lot of Minstrel threads on the boards atm, is the class a bit of a FOTM right now ?

I hope not :(

You have to be fucking kidding me?! ofc mincers = fotm. The first wave was 10 000 infils, next will be 10 000 mincers.

But who can blame them?

Dragonfang on range, aoe-mezz, chain, ip, ap, speed/sos...bla bla bla, I could keep on going all night but I have to sleep now.

I

iluvatur

Minstrels have been overpowered since day one .. in the hands of a good player ... thats what makes the difference imo...

no skil mincer <<<<<<<<<< skilled mincer

but thats also the reason that bonedancers suck .. cos only noobs play them ... who the fuck gets stimulation out of pressing the same couple of buttons no matter what the situation ... ( im looking at DS necroes here as well >< )

S

specialdave

Maybe to keep everyone informed as to what characters they can play you could produce a list of the characters that are not considered FOTM, because from reading these boards it must surely be a short list :p

F

-Freezingwiz-

Well I can only speak for my self but I think Mincers are a fun class and have meny ways to be played : Solo, Grp, offensive/defensive, interupter, mezzer and just a annoying guy leeching from zergs :p

but I prefer the 1 on 1 fights with nOOb SBs :p always fun to see them face the dirt and release hehe

P

-primax-

I made a minstrel cos my guild was short on a L50 minstrel, tbh I quite enjoy it more than I thought I would.

C

Craft

I personally dont think that you could call any class FOTM everything changes with characters and stuff so why do peeps keep making a FOTM thread? i dunno, Talk about a class but please no more fotm rants!
Thanks.

B

Belomar

<---- old skool minstrel ;)

Btw, Jox, minstrel stun is a magic stun so it is subject to being reduced by your (body) resistances. In other words, DF stun is like 3 seconds longer.

L

Loth

Re: Re: Minstrels...

Originally posted by jox
You have to be fucking kidding me?! ofc mincers = fotm. The first wave was 10 000 infils, next will be 10 000 mincers.

But who can blame them?

Dragonfang on range, aoe-mezz, chain, ip, ap, speed/sos...bla bla bla, I could keep on going all night but I have to sleep now.

Hehe, well done Jox

L

Loth

Re: ..

Originally posted by Craft
I personally dont think that you could call any class FOTM everything changes with characters and stuff so why do peeps keep making a FOTM thread? i dunno, Talk about a class but please no more fotm rants!
Thanks.

Not a rant at all, I made my Minstrel back in the day when Thrust was the way to go and Slash was supposedly gimp.

Mine is a Highlander Slash, everyone used to tell me I should've made a Saracen Thrust :)

I love this class and play it because it's immensely fun, not because it's 'uber' and don't want to see the class ruined by a bunch of FOTMers.

Look at what happened to the Shadowblades . . . .

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Re: Re: Minstrels...

Originally posted by jox

But who can blame them?

So a mincer is uber once he has reached r6l2 while an SB can have fun beforehand.
Yeah, nice way to balance a class is to look at ALL the RA's he or she can get... and then say they are uber if compared to a r1l1 player... yawn..
Regards, Glottis

D

darbey

Re: Re: Re: Minstrels...

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
So a mincer is uber once he has reached r6l2 while an SB can have fun beforehand.
Yeah, nice way to balance a class is to look at ALL the RA's he or she can get... and then say they are uber if compared to a r1l1 player... yawn..
Regards, Glottis

Glottis is actually dead right on this one. Its only somewhere around RR5 can you really compete solo with the right RA's.

H

hotrat

Minstrel is definately one of the most fun classes to play, great group and solo ability. Although when I solo with my minstrel I prefer to watch group vs group fights rather than fight solo, mostly cus I always die from unfair fights (2vs1 etc).
In a group you got SoS which is the most needed RA vs mid fotm, you got a nice ST mezz, loads of interupt tools, and most importantly speed :)

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by iluvatur
=( im looking at DS necroes here as well >< )

Faster to level - BD and Necro's - therefore ppl can get money quicker from farming, get a /level char easier and generally have fun.

on the flip side, trying to find groups with a necro is a nightmare.

there ya go, arguements for and against.

T

tripitaka

Re: ..

Originally posted by Craft
Thanks.

is it me or are 'pls dont create a FOTM thread' threads becoming fotm ? ;)

A

Arnor

Re: Re: Re: Minstrels...

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
Regards, Glottis

yes, that is 100% correct, if you had compared the mincer to an infil, infils are fucking uber @ 50, sb's need passives/purge to compete

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Re: Re: Re: Re: Minstrels...

Originally posted by Arnor
yes, that is 100% correct, if you had compared the mincer to an infil, infils are fucking uber @ 50, sb's need passives/purge to compete

Yeah, I remember reading all that stuff for the past year...
not...
SB's had a year of fun, being king of everything...
Now they are normal, and they are bitching like no tommorow.
Regards, Glottis

K

kirennia

Originally posted by -primax-
I made a minstrel cos my guild was short on a L50 minstrel, tbh I quite enjoy it more than I thought I would.

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by Belomar
<---- old skool minstrel ;)

Btw, Jox, minstrel stun is a magic stun so it is subject to being reduced by your (body) resistances. In other words, DF stun is like 3 seconds longer.

You wouldn't expect facts like that to get in the way of a standard mid "OMFG MINCERS SOOOO OVERPOWERED!!!" whine would you?

S

syri

a class is overpowered when absolutely anyone can start one, just use 1 spell/style, and own anything.
minstrels require a lot of skill from the player, there's more to it than "spamamethystslash4tehwin" or something...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom