Minstrels

K

kirennia

Quick question, I know the most common spec for a mincer is 50instruments, 30 slash and 30 stealth now but how comes you go for 30 in slash instead of 29 which is the last style?

R

rure

dunno.. I suppose you want the best dmg-output as possible. 31 in stealth doesnt mean very much compared to 30 when there is see hidden

P

pilia

I suppose because you get a little more weaponskill then,

In my personal opinion the old template of 44 39 28 is still the best,for solo minstrels anyway.

R

rure

Originally posted by pilia

In my personal opinion the old template of 44 39 28 is still the best,for solo minstrels anyway.

you can either raise one of those skills by one more point :D but I suppose that is a typo

M

medowind

Think about it please…

30 stealth, 30 in a weapons skill

vs

31 stealth, 29 in a weapons skill

as it stands you only go for 30 stealth for safe fall 2 in that spec,
most other stealth classes Spam laugh you when you stealth no matter how high it is.

and lets face it damage > stealth no matter how little the damge increase

what else would you spec it in, your other weapon skill?

K

kirennia

Originally posted by medowind
Think about it please…

30 stealth, 30 in a weapons skill

vs

31 stealth, 29 in a weapons skill

as it stands you only go for 30 stealth for safe fall 2 in that spec,
most other stealth classes Spam laugh you when you stealth no matter how high it is.

and lets face it damage > stealth no matter how little the damge increase

what else would you spec it in, your other weapon skill?

nice to see you keep up flaming even tho it was a simple question from some1 who didn't know. This is my first minstrel suprisingly, didn't we all start there sometime? No need to start getting shitty and sarcastic.

M

medowind

Only part of my post that is shitty and sarcastic is the last sentence and most people would have just ignored that.

And I guess you could interpret my asking you to think about something as being shitty to….

Good job you pointed out what I already know, thx

K

kirennia

Originally posted by medowind
Only part of my post that is shitty and sarcastic is the last sentence and most people would have just ignored that.

And I guess you could interpret my asking you to think about something as being shitty to….

Good job you pointed out what I already know, thx

tbh m8, good job, you just pointed out what I already knew in that post too :D

p.s.this could go on for a very long time ;)

M

medowind

It sure could but I am going to be the bigger man and stop now :p

O

old.LandShark

This is just my personal opinion mind you, but I think 30stealth/30slash/50inst is a stupid spec. If you're going to go 50inst, go 34slash 26stealth. Safefall3 is just not necessary (its nice but hardly worth speccing for, I mean, it's not as if you didn't get on fine without safefall at all) and 34slash gives you a melee stun, if a poor one.... I think what I'm trying to say is that once your stealth is never realistically going to be at or not 50, you might as well have decent slash.... esp. with a grouping spec like 50inst :p

edit: if you can PL your mincer to 48 autotraining instruments, then 50/32slash/31stealth might not be a bad spec... or 32stealth 31slash, BAh, who cares :p

C

Cronn

Originally posted by old.LandShark
This is just my personal opinion mind you, but I think 30stealth/30slash/50inst is a stupid spec. If you're going to go 50inst, go 34slash 26stealth. Safefall3 is just not necessary (its nice but hardly worth speccing for, I mean, it's not as if you didn't get on fine without safefall at all) and 34slash gives you a melee stun, if a poor one.... I think what I'm trying to say is that once your stealth is never realistically going to be at or not 50, you might as well have decent slash.... esp. with a grouping spec like 50inst :p

edit: if you can PL your mincer to 48 autotraining instruments, then 50/32slash/31stealth might not be a bad spec... or 32stealth 31slash, BAh, who cares :p

Yeah I can see how that stun would come in handy, seeing as how minstrels don't get a 10 sec insta stun on a 10 second recast timer.

C

Cawr

Originally posted by Cronn
Yeah I can see how that stun would come in handy, seeing as how minstrels don't get a 10 sec insta stun on a 10 second recast timer.

9 Sec :p

Who needs Slam? :)

R

rure

Originally posted by Cawr
9 Sec :p

Who needs Slam? :)

heh... mincer stun lasts about 6-4.5 seconds in reality. so slam is still very good :)

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Cronn

And I'm never OOP or anything
And being seen at 400units instead of 250 by non-stealthers is really good compared to 100 weapskill and a low-end, def bonus, medium stun style.... riiiiiight ;p

F

-frostor-

34 style is chainstyle after block with unspecced shield
how handy
and safefall 3 is good for walls too :D

W

wylf

Another spec could always be....
autotrain instruments to lvl 40 then...

intruments 44, Wepon 50, stealth 0

doesnt matter how much stealth you got when all Ns/Sb got se hidden, and 33% of all people in RvR is that class...

--------------------------------------------
Wylf lvl 50 Minstrel With Bane.

O

old.BJ|Bored

inst 50 slash 44

is preferable to 50weap 44 inst :)

and yea thats what im speccing to as its too late to start training stealth and respec stone = not gonna get ;0

D

Danya

Originally posted by old.LandShark
And I'm never OOP or anything
And being seen at 400units instead of 250 by non-stealthers is really good compared to 100 weapskill and a low-end, def bonus, medium stun style.... riiiiiight ;p
Pity you can't get that. 4 extra weapon spec is roughly 20 weaponskill, maybe 35 if you're buffed. Befuddler isn't worth much. It around the same as a riposte, costs more end (it's medium not low) and the stun is crap (5s delve). You'd be better off insta stunning after a block and spamming riposte. Can't say I go oop all that much in most fights since the shouts got made cheaper, going ooe is usually more of an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom